Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read StoreVendor Directory

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
On more meds than ymeski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default My in-laws are driving me crazy thread.

Oh come on, I can't be the only one. I was blogging for a while but kinda gave that up so I thought I would post bits in here. Just a place to vent.

I joined the military at 18. I worked, saved and invested. Uncle Sam used me, broke me and now pays me. I took my money and bought some rental properties for extra income. Now I have my retirement, my disability, my old fugger retirement job and the rental income. I guess to a 29 year old high school drop out whose longest job has been the Army Guard I'm someone to try and sponge off of.

One of my 2 bedroom apartments is empty. I'm slowly remolding it and am down to the bathroom. The guy that owned/built it was a moron and I have to replace sheetrock with greenboard, the shower surround and some other stuff. My deadbeat brother-in-law has moved in until he goes to Afghanistan (now that he is off probation) and has informed me that I need to completely guy the bathroom and replace everything because he suspects black mold and has given me several suggestions as to what type of replacement items I need. Seems a new tub is needed as the one that is in it could be contaminated.

Now black mold is a PITA but you can get rid of it. I showed him the effected areas and how I removes all affected sheetrock then removed to the next stud to ensure the area was clear. I used tea tree oil and a sprayer and the entire area was cleaned 3 times with a 1 week window in between. He pointed out an area by the exposed faucet and said "Look, black mold". I said "No, scorched wood from a MAPP gas torch. He got all bent out of shape because he worked construction (for 3 days) and he knows what the fruck he is talking about. I said "Fine. get out of my apartment". He walked off mumbling under his breath.

The next morning the mother-in-law called. Just a friendly chat with the wife about how her son is getting sick and it must be something in the apartment. She went on about how it will be hard to rent if we don't fix it right. I said it will be hard to rent because we won't be able to get her loser son out when he wiggles out of his Afghanistan orders.

Now somehow I'm the bad guy.

See Falcon blog. Blog Falcon, blog.
http://falcon-whyihatemyin-laws.blogspot.com/
my67falcon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Nicer than ymeski56

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Subscribed, love your stories even if it means you're in the doghouse haha
XtraLargeTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Ahahahahahaha!!!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'll post in here when I get on my computer.
So what you are saying that the U.S. should invade Mars and plant marijuana there and sell it to Muslims until their culture collapses and we are then dominant and have the resources to build yet another Death Star! Well, let me tell you how wrong you are for thinking that!
Buddhaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
5 Year Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Bell Blue Raider

I'm subscribing too
Bell Blue Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
Ahahahahahaha!!!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Because my wife and I were trying to move out of my monster in law's house so fast, the only place we could find was a few houses away from her. Not too bad since we weren't actually living there. Ha. She comes over almost daily to bitch about something and it drives me nuts. She'll sit there and talk **** about me when I'm not around, but as soon as I'm around, she shuts up. She won't say anything to me if she has an issue and that pisses me off more than almost anything.
So what you are saying that the U.S. should invade Mars and plant marijuana there and sell it to Muslims until their culture collapses and we are then dominant and have the resources to build yet another Death Star! Well, let me tell you how wrong you are for thinking that!
Buddhaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
OMG!!! ZOMBIES!!!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

My in laws are great
Tejasandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
Jesse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm very fortunate, My in-laws are about a 20 hr drive away...

ndnJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
On more meds than ymeski

My in-laws caused trouble even when they were 1,000 miles away.

I just got back from buying the new shower surround for the bathroom. The wife had asked her brother if he would be home so we could drop it off. He said he would so we started the 30 min drive back. Got into town and of course he isn't there. He had better things to do than wait around all day on us. He said we can come back into town later. I said sure, around Thursday. Enjoy another week of sponge baths azzhat.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #9
On more meds than ymeski

So I loaded the truck with 2 sets of mattresses, frames, sink base, microwave and the shower surround. Drove into town looking like the Clampetts and pulled into the parking lot. There was Deadbeat working on the Durango I bought him. He turns and walks up to the wife who then asked what was wrong with his vehicle. "Its been overheating." "I think I may need a new ride." My face is now redder than my truck. I start dumping the stuff inside the apartment and baggy pants finally comes over to help. The wife asks him why he isn't running the A/C (he should, I'm friggin paying for it) and he says it blows the mold throughout the apartment. I look at the bathroom door and he has plastic duck taped over the bathroom door. I told him there wasn't a return in the bathroom. He said it was pushing the air through the plastic. I stood there staring at him for a second then said "Close the GD bathroom vent then". As I look around I see his big screen LCD sitting on top of cases of my vinyl flooring and full ashtrays everywhere. I turn and leave while the wife converses with her brother for a bit.

I guess I came across a bit rude. The wife asked what was wrong. I said "I shall list them in order of least pissing me off to most".

10: I spent 2 days helping a total stranger move her recently deceased mothers household good from her mothers home to the donation center. For this I received a basic 2 bedroom apartment starter kit that the lady was kind enough to give to your brother. She said she was happy to give it to someone that is in need and grateful for the help. I had to lie to the lady and say your brother was grateful for the stuff.

9:I had to load all that crap into my truck

8: I had to drive through town looking like an idiot to get it to him

7: He's hinting around that he needs a new car yet hasn't paid for the POS he picked out and I paid for.

6: The apartment was just cleaned and painted. Now it reeks of cigarets.

5: He used duck tape on the fresh paint. FUGGIN' DUCK TAPE.

4: I will have to move all this crap back out and pay for disposal when he moves out.

3: He's never moving out.

2: I hate him

1: If the bathroom is blocked off where does he pee?

Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
Nicer than ymeski56

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Name:  ForumRunner_20120827_092554.gif
Views: 371
Size:  274 Bytes
XtraLargeTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 AM