Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

GMC Sierra owner here

Old 05-19-2015, 09:19 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default GMC Sierra owner here

First off: I DIDN'T come here to troll or get into pissing matches with F-150 owners. I, like everyone else here, love pickup trucks. I like talking, comparing, etc., with other truck enthusiasts. Although I'm reading a few problems with the new Fords, as everyone knows, GM and Ram don't put out 100% defective free products either. I hope that we can have civilized conversations. :-)

Click the image to open in full size.

My '15 Sierra Z-71 SLT double cab

Last edited by spacebear'79; 05-19-2015 at 09:21 PM.
spacebear'79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #2

They all have problems. Some guys are GM guys some are Ford guys and so on..
NoRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:22 PM   #3

Do you have a question or comment or something you'd like to discuss?
1969TxCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #4

I don't see the point of this post?????
11PlatinumEco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #5

I took a 14 Sierra out for a spin with the 5.3, not sure if the 6.2 is still an option, but I couldn't get over how under powered it felt to me. I bought a Ram and had it for about 2.5 months before trading for my F150 Screw. I've had GM my entire life, with the 06 Ranger FX4 as the exception. After being in this truck for the last 3 months, I'd put the Sierra in a close 2nd to the F150. The Ram shouldn't even be here IMO. I do like that color on your truck though, looks sharp. Any mods list in process?
ScrewBalled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #6

Welcome. Nice looking truck. Are you a long time GM guy or have you switched from Ford or other? What's your opinion and history with the various brands?
bigoldthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:33 PM   #7

I had an 06 that I had for 5 years, GMC that is. I like the look of the new ones, unfortunately for me my last one was in the shop more than on the road, and 2 trucks before was a chevy that my wife said I wasnt able to come home with one more time because of its problems I had a 07 F150 in between that I had great luck with so I went back. I like the fit and finish of the rigs, but my luck was terrible so no more GMs in my future. Not trying to bash your truck by any means, it looks nice, and I am sure the insides nice I liked my last one when I didnt have to fix it.
cbratholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #8

any vibration issues? just curious

how about the 4wd not switching off in cold weather?

those are two main issues that make a bit leery of the new gm twins until a more permanent fix is identified. the new fords seem to be mainly paint and trim issues so far.
jeep364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:44 PM   #9

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm actually glad you're here! Your truck has the new LT series engine in it, yes? What differences or improvements were made to it to move the LS series out. I've driven a few LS powered cars (sports cars mostly), and was pretty impressed with how even the power delivery was off idle all the way to 6k. Does the new LT series of engines do this as well, or have they started using VVT, making the power kinda "surge on" as the rpm increases?
Old 05-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #10

Wow, thanks for all the nice comments and questions. So onto the answers:
1. I've always been a GM, really GMC person. It all started with my dad when he bought a new '85 S-15 style Jimmy. I loved it, then he traded that in on a '93 Yukon, a NICE teal two tone. (Although he went to the dark side in '07 with a Tundra, but has since came to his senses when he traded it in on a 2012 Cadillac.)
2. I bought my first-ever automobile, a truck in July of 97: a black Sonoma 2WD regular cab with SLS trim with the upgraded 4.3 V6. I loved that truck: it was quick and easy as **** to park and maneuver in parking lots.
3. I traded it in on a '05 Sierra Z-71 SLT crew cab because I didn't feel safe with my two year-old daughter riding in the truck. So I got the biggest truck so she could ride in back; bought it on June 12 2005.
4. Had my last Sierra for almost damn there ten years! Only had 67,000 miles on it. I was looking into getting one of those new Canyons. I thought to myself "I don't need nor want a full size truck anymore". Well I test drove a new one, a black crew cab, 4WD that dealership got in that same day. I was driving with salesman and went four blocks from dealership and transmission went out! Maybe that was a sign telling me not to get one. But I still wanted one though. While searching online at every dealer-website from western Washington to The Dallas, OR to Idaho (I live in central washington state); my wife suggested that I look at a Sierra instead. She went down to dealership and told them what I wanted (u wanted leather coca-dune interior, bose sound system, power rear-sliding window) they had ONE. It was a double cab but didn't have a spray in bedliner, but if it was a deal breaker, they could add one at no cost. I went there after work on a Saturday and talked to the salesman and sat in and looked at every single truck that caught my eye: double cabs, crew cabs, leather interior and cloth interior. I went home and couldn't stop thinking about the truck. Next day, dealerships are open up here on Sundays, we went back and I bought it. Sorry for the long story. I don't look down on Ford or Ram, I'm just a GMC man, nothing more, nothing less.
spacebear'79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:11 PM