Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Did Tony Stewart hit that kid on purpose?

I watched several videos, looks like he did. He gunned it to slide his **** end out to make a point...
2011LIMITED#288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #2

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I doubt it. There are no criminal charges pending.

1992 Bronco

NASSTY
NASSTY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Good heavens NO.

Poorly lit track, traffic immediately ahead, and another driver who was wearing black walking on the track in traffic?

Saw an in-car video from a few years back at that track. Will go find it.

Here's one:
(another driver from 2012, but the same track under the same conditions)

Another from the same driver at that track. This is also from a few years back, NOT the Stewart wreck from 2014.

Not sure any driver would expect to see someone out of their car on a track like that. The guy in front of Stewart barely missed him, and he had a clear view.

Just an awful deal for all involved.

Last edited by millwrat; 08-10-2014 at 10:26 PM.
millwrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
Meaner than Ymeski
5 Year Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

Keep your emotions out of this thread. If it turns into a name calling fiasco, I will keep this closed.

If you make a personal attack on another member, you will get time off. Keep this clean.

Click Here for instructions on uploading pics!
My 08F150's life
My Chevy K5 build thread.
bobkyle2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:55 AM   #5

I watched the video several times, and determined that it sounds like he gunned the engine (yellow flag) before impact. That indicates to me that he might have saw the guy, and responded aggressively on the throttle, and the car slipped out when he did so. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if manslaughter charges weren't filed.

Of course, he could say he was revving his engines for the fans, or that he gunned it to avoid hitting the guy. But I seriously doubt he intended to hit him either way. Frankly, if I were involved in something like that, I'd retire because my nerves would be shot. Prayers to all involved.

Last edited by Toddrick; 08-11-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Toddrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:07 AM   #6

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

After reviewing the video , he Definitly gunned the engine. I think he did this on purpose to try to avoid the guy. When he hits the throttle, the rear end slides away from the driver. The rear ends on those cars are offset from the front. The right side sticks out further in the rear. I believe he saw the driver late and tried to slide away from him.

I can't see him or anyone else hitting a driver on purpose. The wreck before the incident wasn't enough for Stewart to get mad about. Hell to me it didn't even look like his fault. Yes he slid up the track some but that's the nature of that style of racing. Just my thoughts.
FosterChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:12 AM   #7

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sorry , I was wrong on the axle offset. It's the tires that are staggered. Right side tire is taller than the left. Watched the video again. Yes you hear a throttle rev but no proof it was Stewart. Only one car was in view at the time and it could have been any one of the cars on the track revving their engines. Either way, it is a sad thing to happen to anyone. I feel terrible for the family that lost someone and also feel bad for Stewart. I couldn't imagine what is running through his head.

Last edited by FosterChild; 08-11-2014 at 02:19 AM.
FosterChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:31 AM   #8
KBS

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

To me it seems like he gunned the engine to give him an "eff you." But it went horribly wrong. Definitely not intentional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern View Post
Every situation is a sticky situation......Thats what his initial stand for;

Klimate
Be
KBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterChild View Post
Sorry , I was wrong on the axle offset. It's the tires that are staggered. Right side tire is taller than the left. Watched the video again. Yes you hear a throttle rev but no proof it was Stewart. Only one car was in view at the time and it could have been any one of the cars on the track revving their engines. Either way, it is a sad thing to happen to anyone. I feel terrible for the family that lost someone and also feel bad for Stewart. I couldn't imagine what is running through his head.
I agree that it could have been another car's sound, but doesn't Stewart's car swerve out and back inline in time with the sound? Initially I thought his car just swerved due to the impact, but the engine rev is a bit shocking. He definitely could have revved to try and steer away quicker, or out of panic, but that would obviously increase the danger when a pedestrian is close by.

Well, I think the story will be interesting to follow, as we hear more sides of it. I don't see it fading from the headlines any time soon.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBS View Post
To me it seems like he gunned the engine to give him an "eff you." But it went horribly wrong. Definitely not intentional.
Sure seems to be the case. Gunning the engine when a pedestrian is mere feet from your vehicle is reckless at the least. That's why I suspect charges will actually be filed, and of course, major lawsuits will ensue.

Let's not forget though, the kid was an idiot for getting out of his car, running into the middle of the track, and to do so at night, while wearing black coveralls....
Old 08-11-2014, 02:36 AM