Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Beer Opinions???

Ever since I started drinking I have always drank bud-light which i cant complain its great beer but sometimes i just want something different. I have heard alot of good things about samuel adams beer. I have tried budweiser and dont like it at all its too strong for me and the taste is no for my liking.

What beer do yall recommend??? What do yall think about samuel adams compared to bud-light??? Or da yall recommend a different beer im looking for something with good taste

Thanks in advance.
99f1504x4. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:07 PM   #2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Just try a load of different ones and see what you like.
If you like Bud Light, give Bud Crown a try too. Sam Adams is a very flavorful beer which you either like or don't.
Age is also a factor as youngsters seem to prefer lager and then progress from there over the years.
Try some reds, ambers, stouts, porters, IPA's, wheat beers, small micro brewery beers and see what you like. If you have a sweet tooth, try a honey lager or similar.

I love my beer and will try most things but there are some that just don't do it for me. Stella Artois is one and anything too hoppy is not a nice flavor for me.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:12 PM   #3

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Red Stripe. lol. But I used to drink a lot of Bud Light and Coor's Light. After 2 DUI's I don't drink so much anymore. Takes all the fun out of it, plus I've got a family to support. I've had some IPA's in Spokane......you can keep that crap. I didn't like it at all. I've heard there are some better ones out there, but I won't try them since I might have a beer maybe once a month.

2013 SCab STX 5.0L 4x2, 3.31 Non-LS, Oxford White, Bone Stock (Traded In)
Manuellabour247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #4
OMG!!! ZOMBIES!!!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

go see the drinky drinky thread. there's what? like 62 Sam Adams beers? which one you considering.
Attached Thumbnails
Beer Opinions???-image-3784291876.jpg  
Tejasandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #5

reds ale either apple or strawberry, taste like juice but gets you to your happy place at the same time
Old 09-12-2014, 05:47 AM   #6

You picked a great time of year to get into Sam Adams beers. Octoberfest is quite approachable. It's been called the "gateway" into craft beers. Just don't let the color put you off. It's quite sweet, and when you focus on the flavors there's bound to be something in there that you like. I know you said different and that, to me, means craft. I could also recommend New Belgium Snapshot. It is a nice clean wheat beer with some fruity and honey notes with a snap of tartness at the finish. Their Shift lager is quite good as well. Hard apple ciders are becoming quite popular. They offer something different, but still handle like a beer in social situations. Angry Orchard is a great place to start in that category. If you have a good beer selection at a local grocery or liquor store you can make your own 6-pack, or just buy a single bottle. That way your not out $8-$10 on something you hate. As others have stated you could also check out a local brewery. They are generally quite knowlegable and willing to help folks that are new better beers. Plus you are going to get the freshest beer possible from the local folks. That makes a huge difference. I hope this helps a little bit. If you need more input just ask. Lots of good folks drinking good stuff around here. Just for full disclosure I do work at a craft brewery so I'm kind of biased in that direction. There is nothing wrong with yellow beers, though. I'm not a beer snob. Got some PBR and Budlight in the fridge right now.

Cheers!
lumbermill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #7

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Sam Adams is a wonderful beer. I tend to drink that or Blue Moon, Guiness and a few others.

I tend to steer clear of "gimmick" beers and beers made with urine. Like, Bud, Coors, Miller...
TheTallest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #8

Noble pils or rebel IPA by sam Adams. Bud lite is not very flavorful.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #9
Mark
5 Year Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Ice Cold Corona... been to 26 Country's and tasted all kinds of beer.. Sapporo has a great taste too..
08 FX4... Flowmaster Exhaust, line-X, Sky Jacker leveling kit. 295/65/20 Nitto trails mounted on 20 X 9 Carol Shelby wheels. AIRAID CAI. Projector/Halo headlamps and LED Tails & 3rd brake lights,custom upper and lower Grill. Edge Evolution. Interior/Exterior LED lighting, NFAB step bars.

Last edited by techrep; 09-12-2014 at 09:49 AM.
techrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #10

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Too bad you are not in the right part of the country to get Yuengling. However you are in the righ tpart of the country to get any Abita product. I am a huge fan of their Purple Haze and their Amber. Give those a shot and I know you wont be disapointed.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:58 AM