Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #61
Unique & Different
 
ComQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,819
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Thanks: 2,045
Thanked 416 Times in 344 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneFXcrazy View Post
Wow big jumps in careers! Buildings, then diesels, truck driver, now IT geek (meant with the utmost respect )

Wow full house. No wonder you are nervous about someone damaging your cars!

A year ago I was ahead a couple of credits so I took a semester off to get some extra education stuff at Greenville Technical College. Did some job training courses, some business management courses, and got my CompTia A+ Computer Service Technician Certificate. Passed the exam with flying colors, but still couldn't tell you how to fix a BIOS issue or reprogram the boot sequence and such.... I just memorized all the stuff from the textbook and paid attention in the class. Still, book smarts is no match for actual experience.... That's about as far into IT stuff I ever wanted to go. I like the business side of the industry more. I'm a tech geek, but not to that extent.

My dream would have been to be an automotive journalist, as I also enjoy writing. But I had to realize that chances are I won't end up at an automotive agency. Not high demand in the job market. And for me, if it isn't about cars, I don't want to write about it....

This summer I had a great opportunity to work for Decostar Industries, a division of Magna Automotive. They make various different exterior parts for automotive assembly. The processing/assembly center where I interned was responsible for assembly and sequencing of the rear fascias for the new BMW X5 and X6 made here in the upstate. Really cool to be a part of. I caught them right at the start of production, paint was still wet on the walls of the facility. Got assigned to many special projects that they just didn't have personnel to handle. I had a blast. Cool to see how I helped them go from barely putting out 50 parts a day, to over 300 in an 8hr shift. With a crew of only 10 ppl that's a lot. They have a massive plant in Carrollton, GA where most of their production is done. Not sure how far that would be for you but if you can't get something lined up in ATL, that's maybe an option. They are constantly hiring and expanding.

Speaking of BMW, if you get the chance to make it up here to Greenville, the BMW plant offers tours of the assembly plant for the X5 and X6. Well worth it. Incredible to see a car go from nothing to a finished product. Very cool.

That's enough writing for tonight. Can you tell I like to write? Hahaha

Push through your last day of work before you head home! Be safe.
LOL Yeah, I guess I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do...ha ha. I even took the police department and fire department test and passed them both, and was on the list to get the job. I had other jobs mixed in there too. Those were my main full time jobs and I use to work part time working 2 jobs for extra money. I worked in fast food places in high school, delivered pizzas, worked security, etc.

Just a family of 4 at home now. Our son left home when he got out of high school back in 2003. He lives in KY. My girls are good about not bothering my stuff, but then being 3 and 4 years old, one will follow the other in doing stuff and sometimes they forget they are not suppose to touch anything...LOL

Carrolton is about 70 miles west of ATL. That is so cool aout taking a tour of the BMW plant. My sister has a black X6. She got it for her 50th birthday last year. That car is sexy. My first time driving it, I had to call her and ask her how to lock the doors...LOL It has so much fancy stuff that she had to show me everything from how to start it to turning the lights on...LOL. You would have thought I was just learning to drive.

In my years of driving big rigs, I have been to a lot of car manufacturing plants. I have seen a lot of brands from start to finish. Yes it is amazing to see how a roll of steel come in and see a beautiful eye candy product at the end. It is so awesome.

I have a few computer certifications. They are good. Now CompTIA has the continuous learning program to keep up with current technology.

That is good you like to write. You can write me anytime. I like to read and I like to answer back. I'm going down to Beaufort SC this weekend for a family reunion, so I will not be in ATL this weekend.
__________________
2012 Race Red|Ingot Silver F150 XLT 5.0L V8 (still Stock) Brought my baby home on 11-27-2012 from Charlotte, NC.
You were created to love and be loved.
We can all use a pep rally. Let's celebrate life and each other!
ComQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #62
We'd do it
 
Just call me Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando,Fl.
Posts: 31,572
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 385 Times in 343 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Just call me Sean
Default

No diecast, just plastic. I prefer building them myself. Picking the color I want, or modifying to build something nobody makes.

Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_150219.jpg



Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_150243.jpg



Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_150315.jpg

Old pics, there's a lot more. Here's a few built.

Replica of my friends truck.
Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_150506.jpg

I like vans.

Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_150628.jpg

Caprice lowrider.

Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_150837.jpg

Fox body Mustang.

Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_151000.jpg

Dodge pickup.

Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_151112.jpg

I thought I had a finished pic of this.

Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_151252.jpg


Haven't touched this in a while, but they only make a GTO and I was converting it into my LeMans.

Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_151457.jpg



Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_151617.jpg



Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_151654.jpg
There's a lot more built. Monkeemobile, Back to the Future Delorean, Christine, Gravedigger...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Cuyler
Fights begin, fingerprints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.
Just call me Sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #63
Unique & Different
 
ComQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,819
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Thanks: 2,045
Thanked 416 Times in 344 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

@Just call me Sean WOW...That is amazing and awesome. I like it a lot. I tried that before but thought it was tedious to put all the little pieces together and paint them. I guess I want instant gratification to just go and buy one all ready to go. Yeah to be able to custom paint to what ever color you like is a good idea too.
__________________
2012 Race Red|Ingot Silver F150 XLT 5.0L V8 (still Stock) Brought my baby home on 11-27-2012 from Charlotte, NC.
You were created to love and be loved.
We can all use a pep rally. Let's celebrate life and each other!
ComQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #64
We'd do it
 
Just call me Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando,Fl.
Posts: 31,572
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 385 Times in 343 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Just call me Sean
Default

Once they're built they aren't fun anymore.

Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_153653.jpg
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Cuyler
Fights begin, fingerprints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.
Just call me Sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #65
Bacon Grower
 
Hunttman01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 27,280
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Thanks: 134
Thanked 164 Times in 136 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I have a 1/18 1969 camaro and a '69 dodge rumble bee. Also have an ertl 40th anniversary john deere model a
Attached Thumbnails
Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_150057.jpg  
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
You got screwed for money. You're a hooker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95stepside View Post
Hey now, we're not all rich enough to not take our tires down to slicks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannofx4 View Post
I didn't beleive in god until I was at the mall last weekend. Following three "ladies" up the escalator wearing Yoga pants. At that point I knew...there is a God!
Hunttman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #66
Bacon Grower
 
Hunttman01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 27,280
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Thanks: 134
Thanked 164 Times in 136 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Family photo. The windshield wipers are broke off the camaro, the rumble bee is missing an exhaust tip, and the A is missing a front tire

Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130830_150305.jpg



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130830_150305.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	252004
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
You got screwed for money. You're a hooker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95stepside View Post
Hey now, we're not all rich enough to not take our tires down to slicks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannofx4 View Post
I didn't beleive in god until I was at the mall last weekend. Following three "ladies" up the escalator wearing Yoga pants. At that point I knew...there is a God!
Hunttman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #67
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
Bell Blue Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bell Blue Raider
Default

Here's the beginnings to my little collection

Mainly nylint with 1 tonka, and 1 ertl
Attached Thumbnails
Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130831_170644.jpg   Any diecast scale model collectors out there?-forumrunner_20130831_170718.jpg  
__________________
'98 Mercury Sabel Sedan - 3.0L
'99 Ford F-150 Short Box - 4.6L
'08 Ford F-150 Supercrew - 5.4L
Bell Blue Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #68
We'd do it
 
Just call me Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando,Fl.
Posts: 31,572
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 385 Times in 343 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Just call me Sean
Default

I never saw a semi with a sunroof before.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Cuyler
Fights begin, fingerprints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.
Just call me Sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #69
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
Bell Blue Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bell Blue Raider
Default

It's the cool new phad
__________________
'98 Mercury Sabel Sedan - 3.0L
'99 Ford F-150 Short Box - 4.6L
'08 Ford F-150 Supercrew - 5.4L
Bell Blue Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #70
Member
 
goneFXcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 6,546
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Thanks: 125
Thanked 417 Times in 359 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComQuest View Post
LOL Yeah, I guess I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do...ha ha. I even took the police department and fire department test and passed them both, and was on the list to get the job. I had other jobs mixed in there too. Those were my main full time jobs and I use to work part time working 2 jobs for extra money. I worked in fast food places in high school, delivered pizzas, worked security, etc.

Just a family of 4 at home now. Our son left home when he got out of high school back in 2003. He lives in KY. My girls are good about not bothering my stuff, but then being 3 and 4 years old, one will follow the other in doing stuff and sometimes they forget they are not suppose to touch anything...LOL

Carrolton is about 70 miles west of ATL. That is so cool aout taking a tour of the BMW plant. My sister has a black X6. She got it for her 50th birthday last year. That car is sexy. My first time driving it, I had to call her and ask her how to lock the doors...LOL It has so much fancy stuff that she had to show me everything from how to start it to turning the lights on...LOL. You would have thought I was just learning to drive.

In my years of driving big rigs, I have been to a lot of car manufacturing plants. I have seen a lot of brands from start to finish. Yes it is amazing to see how a roll of steel come in and see a beautiful eye candy product at the end. It is so awesome.

I have a few computer certifications. They are good. Now CompTIA has the continuous learning program to keep up with current technology.

That is good you like to write. You can write me anytime. I like to read and I like to answer back. I'm going down to Beaufort SC this weekend for a family reunion, so I will not be in ATL this weekend.
At that age very little logic goes through their heads, they don't think, just do. Helps them learn I guess.

As for the X6, my uncle has a late model X5, and it took me forever to figure out that damn gear shifter. And I'm a tech geek....

Enjoy your time with your family, my parents are 8 hours flying and the rest of my family is an 18hr flight so I'm gonna have to wait a little longer on a reunion LOL.
goneFXcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.