Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


View Poll Results: Should the electoral college remain or should it be switched to popular vote?
Yes, they should remain the way they are. 75 30.99%
No, it should be up to popular vote. 167 69.01%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #5351
Built Ford Tough
 
Ftruck150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 123
Thanked 160 Times in 106 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpseat82 View Post
Again I'll ask you why haven't you moved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpseat82 View Post
She probably voted for Obama that added to the numbers she listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpseat82 View Post
Love-it-or-leave-it Image

Surprising responses.

Still amazing that the people who use that "love it or leave it" slogan, don't understand the extreme irony of that when in relation to what the usa is all about in the first place.
Ftruck150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:11 PM   #5352
Assistant Administrator
5 Year Member
 
ymeski56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Beach Calimexifornia
Posts: 30,998
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanks: 51
Thanked 587 Times in 345 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftruck150 View Post
http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...n-the-world-at


We're number 1


#1 America has the highest incarceration rate and the largest total prison population in the entire world by a good margin.

#2 There are more car thefts in the United States than anywhere else in the world by far.

#3 Of all the major industrialized nations, America is the most obese. Mexico is #2.

#4 The average American drinks more than 600 sodas a year – the most in the world.

#5 U.S. corporations sell more fast food and more soda than anyone else in the world by a wide margin.

#6 Nobody watches more television per week (28 hours) than Americans do. Although to be honest, people living in the UK are tied with us.

#7 The United States leads the world in credit card fraud.

#8 The United States has the highest percentage of one person households on the entire planet.

#9 The United States has the highest divorce rate in the world by a good margin.

#10 The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the world by far.

#11 There are more school shootings in America than anywhere else in the world.

#12 The United States has the highest child abuse death rate in the world.

#13 There are more “deaths by reptile” in America than anywhere else in the world.

#14 The United States has the most lawyers per capita in the entire world.

#15 The United States produces more pornography than any other nation in the world.

#16 Americans take more prescription drugs than anyone else in the world.

#17 More is spent on prescription drug advertising in America than anywhere else in the world.

#18 The percentage of women taking antidepressants in America is higher than in any other country in the world.

#19 More people have been diagnosed with mental disorders in America than anywhere else on earth.

#20 The United States has the highest rate of illegal drug use on the entire globe.

#21 There is more credit card debt in America than anywhere else in the world.

#22 There is more mortgage debt in America than anywhere else in the world.

#23 There is more student loan debt in America than anywhere else in the world.

#24 The United States spends more money on government schools than any other nation on earth does.

#25 U.S. citizens spend more time in school than anyone else in the world. So why are so many of us dumb as a rock?

#26 Nobody in the world gets more plastic surgery done than Americans do.

#27 The United States leads the world in eating disorder deaths.

#28 According to nationmaster.com, the United States has the most total reported crimes in the world by far.

#29 Nobody has more airport security thugs groping women and children than America does.

#30 The United States spends much more on health care as a percentage of GDP than any other nation on the face of the earth.

#31 The United States has the most complicated tax system on the entire planet.

#32 The United States has the most laws on the entire planet.

#33 The United States spends more on the military than the next 12 nations combined, and yet the Obama administration is considering plans to unilaterally slash the size of the U.S. nuclear arsenal by up to 80 percent.

#34 The United States has the most foreign military bases in the world by far.

#35 The United States exports more arms to other countries than anyone else in the world.

#36 Americans spend more time sitting in traffic than anyone else in the world.

#37 Americans spend more money on elections than anyone else does in the world by a very wide margin.

#38 Every single year, the United States has the largest trade deficit in the world by far.

#39 The U.S. government wastes more money than any other government on earth does.

#40 The United States has accumulated the biggest mountain of government debt in the history of the world.
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
"Saving the World....One Ford Truck at a Time."
ymeski56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:17 PM   #5353
Built Ford Tough
 
Ftruck150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 123
Thanked 160 Times in 106 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocoog View Post
Ftruck150 - What's your point? I get that you think that people who happen to like America are ignorant. Free county - you're entitled to your opinion, however narrow-minded it may be. So what what are you hoping to gain with your anti-American posts? If you think the people posting here (that you seem so contemptuous of) are ill-informed, you are mistaken.

Just curious... Why all the hate?

Edit: Wait! I get it. You're here to educate us! Well thanks, appreciate it!
I never once implied that I think people who "like" America are ignorant.
That's quite a stretch.

Thanks for telling me that I'm entitled to my own, narrow minded opinion.

How are my posts in any way, anti-american!? That's absurd.
Like I said, someone would accuse me of this, and sure enough..

I'm bringing attention to how crazy the "we're number 1" attitude is.
It'd be just as silly if brits or canadians did it. The whole thing is stupid.

I'm not spreading any hate at all. In fact I think quite the opposite.
Those who constantly spew this "we're number one!" stuff, that's far more narrow minded and hate filled than me saying that making any such statements in the first place is silly.


All I'm asking is for someone to rationally explain how they arrived at the decision that the country they were coincidentally born in, happens to be number 1?
Every time the question is posed, in any format, it's met with angry "BECAUSE FREEDOM" or "WORLD WAR 1 and 2!!" type responses, none of which ever even attempt to elaborate upon all this "freedom" that, in their opinion, we enjoy while so many other countries can't seem to come close to?


If those statistics do in fact teach someone something, than I guess yes, that could be defined as "educating".
Sorry for bringing numbers and stats into a conversation based on emotion and born-into patriotism.

I like living here. But I'm sure there are plenty of other countries where I could enjoy the same quality of life, if not better, depending on how one chooses their own definition.

The main reason so many people dislike this type of patriotism is because it only causes division amongst people over imaginary border which the extreme majority were born into in the first place. It's the age old team mentality which is a turn off.
Ftruck150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:27 PM   #5354
Just Another Member
 
Theocoog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 78
Thanked 86 Times in 61 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftruck150 View Post

I never once implied that I think people who "like" America are ignorant.
That's quite a stretch.

Thanks for telling me that I'm entitled to my own, narrow minded opinion.

How are my posts in any way, anti-american!? That's absurd.
Like I said, someone would accuse me of this, and sure enough..

I'm bringing attention to how crazy the "we're number 1" attitude is.
It'd be just as silly if brits or canadians did it. The whole thing is stupid.

I'm not spreading any hate at all. In fact I think quite the opposite.
Those who constantly spew this "we're number one!" stuff, that's far more narrow minded and hate filled than me saying that making any such statements in the first place is silly.

All I'm asking is for someone to rationally explain how they arrived at the decision that the country they were coincidentally born in, happens to be number 1?
Every time the question is posed, in any format, it's met with angry "BECAUSE FREEDOM" or "WORLD WAR 1 and 2!!" type responses, none of which ever even attempt to elaborate upon all this "freedom" that, in their opinion, we enjoy while so many other countries can't seem to come close to?

If those statistics do in fact teach someone something, than I guess yes, that could be defined as "educating".
Sorry for bringing numbers and stats into a conversation based on emotion and born-into patriotism.

I like living here. But I'm sure there are plenty of other countries where I could enjoy the same quality of life, if not better, depending on how one chooses their own definition.

The main reason so many people dislike this type of patriotism is because it only causes division amongst people over imaginary border which the extreme majority were born into in the first place. It's the age old team mentality which is a turn off.

Keep telling yourself all that, it obviously makes you feel good about yourself and superior to people like me.

You never answered my question. Why do you like living here?
__________________
2011 F150 3.5L EcoBoost XLT 4x4 Off-Road, 3.73 ELD, 6.5' Bed, Dark Blue Pearl Metallic
Theocoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #5355
Nicer than ymeski56
 
XtraLargeTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado/Curtis, NE
Posts: 21,708
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanks: 136
Thanked 437 Times in 319 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Because FREEDOM

But seriously, I implore you to look up the same things you listed but for a year such as 1960. We've obviously become more liberal (anyone to deny that is out of their mind) throughout the years and it would be quite interesting to see how that shift has affected us. I'll await your answer

P.S. I also find it quite amusing that someone who I would presume is from Texas (judging by your avatar) would have an issue with pride, seeing as how Texas is probably the most prideful state by a long shot. You must be quite miserable there!
XtraLargeTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #5356
Senior Member
 
WarSurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 2,307
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 66
Thanked 191 Times in 161 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftruck150 View Post
I never once implied that I think people who "like" America are ignorant. That's quite a stretch. Thanks for telling me that I'm entitled to my own, narrow minded opinion. How are my posts in any way, anti-american!? That's absurd. Like I said, someone would accuse me of this, and sure enough.. I'm bringing attention to how crazy the "we're number 1" attitude is. It'd be just as silly if brits or canadians did it. The whole thing is stupid. I'm not spreading any hate at all. In fact I think quite the opposite. Those who constantly spew this "we're number one!" stuff, that's far more narrow minded and hate filled than me saying that making any such statements in the first place is silly. All I'm asking is for someone to rationally explain how they arrived at the decision that the country they were coincidentally born in, happens to be number 1? Every time the question is posed, in any format, it's met with angry "BECAUSE FREEDOM" or "WORLD WAR 1 and 2!!" type responses, none of which ever even attempt to elaborate upon all this "freedom" that, in their opinion, we enjoy while so many other countries can't seem to come close to? If those statistics do in fact teach someone something, than I guess yes, that could be defined as "educating". Sorry for bringing numbers and stats into a conversation based on emotion and born-into patriotism. I like living here. But I'm sure there are plenty of other countries where I could enjoy the same quality of life, if not better, depending on how one chooses their own definition. The main reason so many people dislike this type of patriotism is because it only causes division amongst people over imaginary border which the extreme majority were born into in the first place. It's the age old team mentality which is a turn off.
I have rationally explained it. The US has lead and continues to lead the world in numerous areas.

The thing your 'stats' ignore is freedom of choice. China beats us in grades - could that have anything to do with the canings?

When you have a totally free environment folks are free to underachieve, free to eat too much and free to read too little - that doesn't mean we aren't #1.

Ascribing nationalism to ignorance is silly. My opinion is no more valid than yours nor is it any more indicative of my intellect than yours.

Name another country where people risk death daily to escape to.

No other nation on the planet has had the global cultural impact that the US has. I bet all those anti-American conversations in France take place inside a Starbucks...
__________________
2010 Tux Black Raptor SCAB
WarSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #5357
Senior Member
 
FX4offroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 17
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraLargeTall View Post
Because FREEDOM

But seriously, I implore you to look up the same things you listed but for a year such as 1960. We've obviously become more liberal (anyone to deny that is out of their mind) throughout the years and it would be quite interesting to see how that shift has affected us. I'll await your answer

P.S. I also find it quite amusing that someone who I would presume is from Texas (judging by your avatar) would have an issue with pride, seeing as how Texas is probably the most prideful state by a long shot. You must be quite miserable there!
Why isn't there a like button?!
FX4offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #5358
Just Another Member
 
Theocoog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 78
Thanked 86 Times in 61 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx4offroad View Post

why isn't there a like button?!
because freedom
__________________
2011 F150 3.5L EcoBoost XLT 4x4 Off-Road, 3.73 ELD, 6.5' Bed, Dark Blue Pearl Metallic
Theocoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:55 PM   #5359
Nicer than ymeski56
 
XtraLargeTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado/Curtis, NE
Posts: 21,708
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanks: 136
Thanked 437 Times in 319 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4offroad View Post
Why isn't there a like button?!
Because off-topic
XtraLargeTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:05 AM   #5360
Built Ford Tough
 
Ftruck150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 123
Thanked 160 Times in 106 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarSurfer View Post
I have rationally explained it. The US has lead and continues to lead the world in numerous areas.
Which areas ?
You have explained nothing, you started shouting about freedom and war a few pages back.
Please define any of these numerous areas.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WarSurfer View Post
The thing your 'stats' ignore is freedom of choice. China beats us in grades - could that have anything to do with the canings?

When you have a totally free environment folks are free to underachieve, free to eat too much and free to read too little - that doesn't mean we aren't #1.

Ascribing nationalism to ignorance is silly. My opinion is no more valid than yours nor is it any more indicative of my intellect than yours.

Name another country where people risk death daily to escape to.

No other nation on the planet has had the global cultural impact that the US has. I bet all those anti-American conversations in France take place inside a Starbucks...
You think China is the only country ahead of us in academics ?
Yeah, they "cane" all their children into getting good grades. Okay.

"A totally free environment" - This is what I'm talking about.
What are you even saying? What does this even mean?
What are these freedoms that we have here, that other 1st world countries do not have, that make's our country "a totally free environment" ?
You are free to underachieve, eat too much and read too little in countries located in every corner of the globe.

"That doesn't mean we aren't number 1" - Do you realize the flaw in this logic?
You are trying to reverse the way things work in a rational world.
The proof of burden lies upon the one making the claim.

You need to start defining things rather than throwing out blanket FREEDOM, MERICA type statements. Again, a perfect example of why we have a reputation of being ignorant and arrogant.

The xtralarge poster made his post in a 'joking' tone, but there's also a lot of reality in the way he expressed himself - another perfect example of the attitude that gives americans such a bad reputation around the world.
Boastful and full of pride, while offering no real context or substance to support anything being said..

There is a whole lot of nothing being said, yet it gets supported by others with the same mindset and the cycle continues.


Name another country that people risk death to escape to?
You can't be serious right?
You cannot honestly believe that the USA is the only country people risk their lives to immigrate to. I don't believe that for a second.
Ftruck150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:05 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.