Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


View Poll Results: Should the electoral college remain or should it be switched to popular vote?
Yes, they should remain the way they are. 80 31.13%
No, it should be up to popular vote. 177 68.87%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #361
Resident Piñata
 
opinyawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,185
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Facing the mandate of this election!

Facing the mandate of this election..... or blaming the loss on poor wording!

The hard to take reality for most on this forum is accepting that the countries voters said in a clear and resounding way, "No more Republican obstructionism! Compromise.... or get voted out of office!" They are tired of the angry, biased attacks on Obama based in partisan negativity putting party before country! Most voters feel that although the economy is not rebounding as fast as we all would like, they trust Obama. They were also frightened by Romney's unwillingness to stand firmly for any position, or to be relied on to tell the truth under pressure! They also will not stand for Romney and his supporters disrespecting the 47%, Latinos and other minorities as simply "detriments" to our country, instead of as a needed resource for our labor market! Slicker, more polished wording will not easily erase what words minorities heard they know came from Romney's heart!

Those that can't accept this reality and MUST continue to angrily attack Obama on every issue rather than to cooperate with his efforts to improve this country will become increasingly irrelevant and therefore be passed by as negative whiners that have no positive benefit to our society!


America is changing! It will not look the same! As a White Grandfather, I attend Hispanic Fiesta Birthday Parties! I could have either embrace it, or become sour that the world changes! I embraced it and I am so lucky that I did! I am now loved by a new family more than my White family ever loved me! The Elderly are still honored in their culture!

We all have that choice to make! That is whether accept the way the world changes and embrace and shape those changes into something better, or to whine and fight all change.... ignoring that history tells us that such resistance always fails! "It's better to be happy, than to be right!"
__________________
F-150 Forum Resident Piñata

Last edited by opinyawn; 11-14-2012 at 09:20 AM.
opinyawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #362
Senior Member
 
MadocHandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Madoc, Ontario
Posts: 2,299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 265 Times in 181 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraLargeTall

I don't believe they should. Used to be white landowners back when the country was founded. I think it should be taxpaying citizens or something to that effect. When you pay taxes you're less likely to vote your money away. You're going to vote for a more efficient gov't instead. Would also give incentive to work harder so you can vote and change things.
I'm sure some of the people on welfare voted Republican, are you sure you want to lose those votes as well?
Besides, I though the US was all about rights and freedom! Now you want to start taking rights away?
__________________
MadocHandyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #363
Senior Member
 
jayandsam09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 131 Times in 104 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalurges

So the prolific breeders took the election from you huh? Let's analyze that and insert the group you left out. Obama's take of the breeder vote 24 black, 14 Latino, 4 Asian, and 2 Other. Where did the other 56% come from Kenya? Here I'll help you with that, 56% came from those white "breeders" born and raised in the USA. Yes all other breeder support may be shameful but what's really shameful and discouraging is the "white breeder" vote after all shouldn't they by the staunchest defenders of this country and its principles? Well apparently they are not and had they voted the other way we wouldn't have this pathetic scrawny socialist in the White House today. And by the way in case you didn't get passed the sixth grade Latino is not a race but rather a classification created by a White breeder for people whose native language is not English. Latino breakers are of Western European descent just like you guessed it white breeders and others are indigenous to Central, South & North America. Oh and in case you weren't watching on election night this election wasn't decided by Texas or Arizona "Latino breeder country" it was most likely decided by Ohio, "white breeder" country. Oh yeah and let's not forget the most important point of all Obama is half white breeder by your standards, his cabinet is nearly all white breeder, and the Main Street media which is nearly 100% white breeder made the election of this 100% loser of a president possible.
It's funny you mentioned the raceS of the president. I wonder why he chose to be identified as black? Wasn't he raised by his white mother and grandparents, after his black father went back to Kenya? Just curious...
jayandsam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #364
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
primalurges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 43 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

He chose to identify himself as black because that was the only thing that really set him apart from Hillary and he was successfully able to split the democratic vote by getting 95% of black support. In the end despite many trying to blame results on ethnic identity, the reality is that this country has changed and not because of the way we look but rather the attitude of the people. Accepting and expecting government hand outs has become a way of life for too many. The current administration real accomplishment over the past four years has been to racially divide, class divide, and demonize anyone that disagrees with their socialist vision for this country.
primalurges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #365
Senior Member
 
jayandsam09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 131 Times in 104 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalurges
He chose to identify himself as black because that was the only thing that really set him apart from Hillary and he was successfully able to split the democratic vote by getting 95% of black support. In the end despite many trying to blame results on ethnic identity, the reality is that this country has changed and not because of the way we look but rather the attitude of the people. Accepting and expecting government hand outs has become a way of life for too many. The current administration real accomplishment over the past four years has been to racially divide, class divide, and demonize anyone that disagrees with their socialist vision for this country.
I completely agree
jayandsam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #366
Just Another Member
 
Theocoog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,294
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 91 Times in 63 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinyawn View Post
New Republican Approach to the "New Great Unwashed"!

Our New Republican approach will unfortunately be forced to be more inclusive of the demographic groups such as Latinos, and Blacks who are prolific breeders!

Another group to be feared as well is the unrealistic Liberals who support the needs of The Middle Class Workers as well as supporting Gays wanting the legal rights of marriage for themselves to create stable married familes for both straight and Gay!

Our New Republican Tactics require that our approach must appear concerned with their needs and rights regardless of our personal distain for these groups and our lack of character, morality and level of civilization! Since apparently we will not be able to "out breed" these lower classed people of color entering of society illegally we must be prepared to control them through the election process by whatever means necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by primalurges View Post
So the prolific breeders took the election from you huh? Let's analyze that and insert the group you left out. Obama's take of the breeder vote 24 black, 14 Latino, 4 Asian, and 2 Other. Where did the other 56% come from Kenya? Here I'll help you with that, 56% came from those white "breeders" born and raised in the USA. Yes all other breeder support may be shameful but what's really shameful and discouraging is the "white breeder" vote after all shouldn't they by the staunchest defenders of this country and its principles? Well apparently they are not and had they voted the other way we wouldn't have this pathetic scrawny socialist in the White House today. And by the way in case you didn't get passed the sixth grade Latino is not a race but rather a classification created by a White breeder for people whose native language is not English. Latino breakers are of Western European descent just like you guessed it white breeders and others are indigenous to Central, South & North America. Oh and in case you weren't watching on election night this election wasn't decided by Texas or Arizona "Latino breeder country" it was most likely decided by Ohio, "white breeder" country. Oh yeah and let's not forget the most important point of all Obama is half white breeder by your standards, his cabinet is nearly all white breeder, and the Main Street media which is nearly 100% white breeder made the election of this 100% loser of a president possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayandsam09 View Post
It's funny you mentioned the raceS of the president. I wonder why he chose to be identified as black? Wasn't he raised by his white mother and grandparents, after his black father went back to Kenya? Just curious...
@ jayandsam09 - I think he missed that Opinyawn is a staunch Obama supporter and that his post was sarcasm. It could happen to anyone trying to get a handle on this crazy thread.
__________________
2011 F150 3.5L EcoBoost XLT 4x4 Off-Road, 3.73 ELD, 6.5' Bed, Dark Blue Pearl Metallic
Theocoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #367
Senior Member
 
jayandsam09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 131 Times in 104 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocoog

@ jayandsam09 - I think he missed that Opinyawn is a staunch Obama supporter and that his post was sarcasm. It could happen to anyone trying to get a handle on this crazy thread.
There was some sarcasm in mine too
jayandsam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #368
Nicer than ymeski56
 
XtraLargeTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado/Curtis, NE
Posts: 21,730
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 441 Times in 322 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

You forget that he was rich
XtraLargeTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #369
Assistant Administrator
5 Year Member
 
ymeski56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Beach Calimexifornia
Posts: 31,327
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 644 Times in 374 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Repost:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White 97 xlt View Post
This about says it all. I miss listening to Paul Harvey.
This was done 47 years ago and look what we have now.
Paul Harvey was a very perceptive person and one who seemed to have a handle on how things were progressing in a very non-productive and negative way.
This was 47 years ago. April 3, 1965. An amazing prediction.
Do you remember the famous ABC radio commentator Paul Harvey?
Millions of Americans listened to his programs which were broadcast over 1,200 radio stations nationwide.
When you listen to this, remember the commentary was broadcast 47 years ago on April 3, 1965.
It's short...less than three minutes. You will be amazed.
__________________
"Saving the World....One Ford Truck at a Time."

Last edited by ymeski56; 11-14-2012 at 10:32 AM.
ymeski56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #370
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
primalurges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 43 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocoog

@ jayandsam09 - I think he missed that Opinyawn is a staunch Obama supporter and that his post was sarcasm. It could happen to anyone trying to get a handle on this crazy thread.
Yes I did miss that.
primalurges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 AM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Copyright © 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.