Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


View Poll Results: Who are you pulling for?
Obama 19 21.11%
Romney 61 67.78%
Not Voting. 10 11.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #1501
opinions are like *****...
 
MR.FX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunttman01

Work's for me. We need leaders from the small town/ rural areas... I don't remember who it was but look at the governor that led Iowa through the farm crisis...
Nothing is stopping them from running. You have to remember just as metro politicians don't understand rural areas the opposite is also true so there has to be a balance. That's just another reason why our REPUBLIC was designed with limited federal power and all other powers were supposed to be left to states. That way you don't have 40 year D.C. Politicians deciding how to live your life in iowa

Yes Congress sucks, that doesn't mean Obama sucks any less. We have Opi here to point fingers at the other side so it's not like it's a one sided blame game
__________________
2010 Ferd F Teen Thousand - FX4
2wd e-locker Mod, "gotts" mod, Bakflip F1, bedrug, N-FAB 6 step nerf bars, Nfab Light Bar, Rancho 4 inch lift, HD tails, x3 tuned by 5star. 295/60/20 Nittos on Fuel wheels.
MR.FX4 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #1502
Bacon Grower
 
Hunttman01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 27,476
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Thanked 164 Times in 136 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.FX4

Nothing is stopping them from running. You have to remember just as metro politicians don't understand rural areas the opposite is also true so there has to be a balance. That's just another reason why our REPUBLIC was designed with limited federal power and all other powers were supposed to be left to states. That way you don't have 40 year D.C. Politicians deciding how to live your life in iowa

Yes Congress sucks, that doesn't mean Obama sucks any less. We have Opi here to point fingers at the other side so it's not like it's a one sided blame game
Sadly I don't think they'd have a chance... People would pull the "uneducated, inexperienced" crap out. Same reason we won't get an honest politician that doesn't take cheap shots. They'd tell it how it is
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
You got screwed for money. You're a hooker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95stepside View Post
Hey now, we're not all rich enough to not take our tires down to slicks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannofx4 View Post
I didn't beleive in god until I was at the mall last weekend. Following three "ladies" up the escalator wearing Yoga pants. At that point I knew...there is a God!
Hunttman01 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #1503
Resident Piñata
 
opinyawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,185
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

A standard attack since the Bronze Age has been Democrats are weak on defense. Since that is obviously hard to make after killing Bin Ladin, and the drone attacks the coach called in the "Head of the Current Republican Inquisition in Congress the oh so objective Darrel Issa" to try to find issues to hurt Obama close to the election. Gee what a coincidence!

All any fair minded person has to do is to listen to the biased tone and attitude of Darrel Issa during the congressional investigation to see clearly that it's a Witch Hunt! Now Issa who should be at least be trying to look objective as the chairman of the committee goes on the Bill Mahr show to angrily trash Obama as causing the deaths in Lybia for some unexplained evil benefit to to the president as in "Fast and Furious"! Issa is like the guy they keep on hockey teams whose job it is to go out and injure the best player on the other team! I have as much respect for a Mafia hit man as Issa! At least the hit man likely doesn't pretend he does his slimmy work for a noble cause like this rectum Issa does!
__________________
F-150 Forum Resident Piñata

Last edited by opinyawn; 10-13-2012 at 03:06 PM.
opinyawn is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #1504
Assistant Administrator
5 Year Member
 
ymeski56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Beach Calimexifornia
Posts: 31,332
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 644 Times in 374 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Good Idea, or just lowering the bar for the teachers at the espense of those student's education?

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals
by 2018, it wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white students, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of black students to be reading at or above grade level. For math, the goals are 92 percent of Asian kids to be proficient, whites at 86 percent, Hispanics at 80 percent and blacks at 74 percent.

See link: http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/10/12...cademic-goals/
__________________
"Saving the World....One Ford Truck at a Time."

Last edited by ymeski56; 10-13-2012 at 03:30 PM.
ymeski56 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #1505
Ahahahahahaha!!!
 
Buddhaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ethiopia, Mongoria
Posts: 12,875
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymeski56 View Post
Good Idea or just lowering the bar for the teachers?

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals
by 2018, it wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white students, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of black students to be reading at or above grade level. For math, the goals are 92 percent of Asian kids to be proficient, whites at 86 percent, Hispanics at 80 percent and blacks at 74 percent.

See link: http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/10/12...cademic-goals/
I think it's stupid and will cause a lot of butt hurt and legal issues.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by opinyawn View Post
So what you are saying that the U.S. should invade Mars and plant marijuana there and sell it to Muslims until their culture collapses and we are then dominant and have the resources to build yet another Death Star! Well, let me tell you how wrong you are for thinking that!
Buddhaman is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #1506
opinions are like *****...
 
MR.FX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunttman01

Sadly I don't think they'd have a chance... People would pull the "uneducated, inexperienced" crap out. Same reason we won't get an honest politician that doesn't take cheap shots. They'd tell it how it is
That's the benefit of the electoral college, it gives smaller states and rural areas more say instead of a simple majority vote for president. You also have your house reps which are broken into districts.
__________________
2010 Ferd F Teen Thousand - FX4
2wd e-locker Mod, "gotts" mod, Bakflip F1, bedrug, N-FAB 6 step nerf bars, Nfab Light Bar, Rancho 4 inch lift, HD tails, x3 tuned by 5star. 295/60/20 Nittos on Fuel wheels.

Last edited by MR.FX4; 10-13-2012 at 03:40 PM.
MR.FX4 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #1507
opinions are like *****...
 
MR.FX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhaman

I think it's stupid and will cause a lot of butt hurt and legal issues.
This is the stuff that community activists need to be fighting instead of being cheap political puppets. If they truly care about racism in America they will fight this
__________________
2010 Ferd F Teen Thousand - FX4
2wd e-locker Mod, "gotts" mod, Bakflip F1, bedrug, N-FAB 6 step nerf bars, Nfab Light Bar, Rancho 4 inch lift, HD tails, x3 tuned by 5star. 295/60/20 Nittos on Fuel wheels.
MR.FX4 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #1508
Ahahahahahaha!!!
 
Buddhaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ethiopia, Mongoria
Posts: 12,875
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.FX4 View Post
This is the stuff that community activists need to be fighting instead of being cheap political puppets. If they truly care about racism in America they will fight this
We have such a diverse culture in Florida that this will **** a lot of people off. We have a lot of Latinos, Haitians, Asians, Middle Easterners, and everything in between. This plan is basically trying to say that X race is better than Y race and we really don't care too much about Z race because we think they don't care.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by opinyawn View Post
So what you are saying that the U.S. should invade Mars and plant marijuana there and sell it to Muslims until their culture collapses and we are then dominant and have the resources to build yet another Death Star! Well, let me tell you how wrong you are for thinking that!
Buddhaman is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #1509
opinions are like *****...
 
MR.FX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhaman

We have such a diverse culture in Florida that this will **** a lot of people off. We have a lot of Latinos, Haitians, Asians, Middle Easterners, and everything in between. This plan is basically trying to say that X race is better than Y race and we really don't care too much about Z race because we think they don't care.
Kinda like giving preferential treatment to minorities at some colleges for admissions
__________________
2010 Ferd F Teen Thousand - FX4
2wd e-locker Mod, "gotts" mod, Bakflip F1, bedrug, N-FAB 6 step nerf bars, Nfab Light Bar, Rancho 4 inch lift, HD tails, x3 tuned by 5star. 295/60/20 Nittos on Fuel wheels.
MR.FX4 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #1510
Assistant Administrator
5 Year Member
 
ymeski56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Beach Calimexifornia
Posts: 31,332
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 644 Times in 374 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinyawn View Post
My real goal is to change you, ..... not your avatar! A good mind is an awful thing to waste! So I'll keep trying!
Have you considering maybe just lowering your standards?
__________________
"Saving the World....One Ford Truck at a Time."
ymeski56 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:09 PM
 
 
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Copyright © 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.