All things Political!!! (BK2 Rules.) - Page 142 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Log In 


View Poll Results: Who are you pulling for?
Obama 19 21.11%
Romney 61 67.78%
Not Voting. 10 11.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

All things Political!!! (BK2 Rules.)

Closed Thread
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #1411
Meaner than ymeski56
 
XtraLargeTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado
Posts: 21,808
Thanked 447 Times in 326 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck.

Feel free to look back to when I jumped in; I did not cast the first stone, so to speak. There are simply some "elements" that seem very offended at my viewpoints, which, of course, is not surprising given the poll results.
Most would agree here you came in with an offensive tone. Now, how about we put it all behind us and focus on the topic at hand. Kapiche?

Good
__________________
Work: 2009 F150 XLT SCab 6.5'
Personal: 2013 F150 FX4 Screw 6.5' Max Tow
Colorado Members Colorado F150's Facebook page
XtraLargeTall is offline  
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


-->
Old 10-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #1412
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest of Atlanta
Posts: 232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymeski56 View Post
You need to clean up your act a little bit.
Here's some good evidence on casting stones.

Aren't your own rules stating you don't *have* to reply?

Seems like you're happy to take it to that next level.

Offended I think they fit the term "Dumb and Dumber" are we?

Thanks, I'll get right on "cleaning up my act".
Truck. is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #1413
Just Another Member
 
Theocoog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,386
Thanked 107 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck.

No, we most certainly don't, however, pumping our fists and telling everybody
we've got the "big stick" and we're gonna use it, does nothing but increase paranoia and resentment. All that does is consolidate and embolden our enemies.

Honestly, I don't even know why I'm arguing here, with 70% voting for Dumb and Dumber, it really doesn't matter!
This is part of the problem: nobody is pumping ANY fist or threatening anything. All our administration does is roll over. The kill our diplomatic staff and we apologize. How soft is that?

Regarding your second inane comment: one can only hope.
__________________
2011 F150 3.5L EcoBoost XLT 4x4 Off-Road, 3.73 ELD, 6.5' Bed, Dark Blue Pearl Metallic
Theocoog is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #1414
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest of Atlanta
Posts: 232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraLargeTall View Post
Most would agree here you came in with an offensive tone. Now, how about we put it all behind us and focus on the topic at hand. Kapiche?

Good
This is great, differing opinion=offensive "tone".

Again, no one *has* to respond.
Truck. is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #1415
Meaner than ymeski56
 
XtraLargeTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado
Posts: 21,808
Thanked 447 Times in 326 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck.

This is great, differing opinion=offensive "tone".

Again, no one *has* to respond.
By calling me and many others rather offensive things for our beliefs, wouldn't one respond to defend that? Seems that you think us conservatives are offending you... Again, you don't have to respond either. Works both ways. So play nice or you may have a nice vacation if a mod sees fitting...

Now, let's all move on and play nice
__________________
Work: 2009 F150 XLT SCab 6.5'
Personal: 2013 F150 FX4 Screw 6.5' Max Tow
Colorado Members Colorado F150's Facebook page
XtraLargeTall is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #1416
Meaner than Ymeski
5 Year Member
 
bobkyle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,035
Thanked 778 Times in 455 Posts
Default

Chill
__________________

Click Here for instructions on uploading pics!
My 08F150's life
My Chevy K5 build thread.
bobkyle2 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #1417
Resident Piñata
 
opinyawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,183
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck. View Post
Here's some good evidence on casting stones.

Aren't your own rules stating you don't *have* to reply?

Seems like you're happy to take it to that next level.

Offended I think they fit the term "Dumb and Dumber" are we?

Thanks, I'll get right on "cleaning up my act".
Truck! My name is Opinyawn and it is my job to irritate Conservatives around here.... so relax a little and don't get in bickering contests over nothing! I'm trying to learn that lesson myself because in reality they never go anywhere and just turn our Conservative friends against you! Try to find areas of agreement and don't answer challenges or make them! You can always get in an argument around here easily enough! Getting some one to agree with you about an issue is the real trick! Try it, instead of getting into "I'm rubber and you're glue type arguments!"
__________________
F-150 Forum Resident Piñata
opinyawn is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #1418
Resident Piñata
 
opinyawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,183
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
Oh how wrong you are.

Example: I used to have a 21' Vee boat with a 300 hp outboard hanging off the back. Every Allison, STV, and Mirage on the river wanted to race me. Now, I have 2 - 300's hanging off the back. All of a sudden, people ride by staring and no one wants any of it. I don't even have to engage in potentially dangerous activities because everyone assumes I'll win.

Or, as Ronald Reagan said, ""We know that peace is the condition under which mankind was meant to flourish. Yet peace does not exist of its own will. It depends on us, on our courage to build it and guard it and pass it on to future generations. George Washington's words may seem hard and cold today, but history has proven him right again and again. "To be prepared for war," he said, "is one of the most effective means of preserving peace." Well, to those who think strength provokes conflict, Will Rogers had his own answer. He said of the world heavyweight champion of his day: "I've never seen anyone insult Jack Dempsey."

Thus, the strategy that lead to the US winning the Cold War.

It makes perfect sense to me.
Bull pucky! The U.S. won the Cold War because the Soviet Union was inefficient and ran itself directly into the ground out of their half of the idiotic armament spending stupidity of the Cold War! Take a trip through Eastern Europe and you'll see why the Soviet Union collapsed! I went through an area where they pumped hot water from a water heating plant for miles and miles through a big insulated pipe to heat the nearest town's houses! Like Duh, Yorgi! How efficient!

If you want to give anyone credit is should be given to all Americans that were able to waste our resources on weapons creation longer than the Soviets could! The Soviet Union and the U.S. were two nations idiotically bleeding themselves to death preparing for nuclear war and the Soviet Union just passed out first, and then woke up as a country called Russia! Now we are the lead stupid nation bleeding itself with war! Duh!
__________________
F-150 Forum Resident Piñata
opinyawn is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:02 AM   #1419
Resident Piñata
 
opinyawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,183
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymeski56 View Post
A straw man argument occurs in the context of a debate―formal or informal―when one side attacks a position―the "straw man"―not held by the other side, then acts as though the other side's position has been refuted.

This fallacy is a type of Red Herring because the arguer is attempting to refute the other side's position, and in the context is required to do so, but instead attacks a position not held by the other side.
So what you are saying that the U.S. should invade Mars and plant marijuana there and sell it to Muslims until their culture collapses and we are then dominant and have the resources to build yet another Death Star! Well, let me tell you how wrong you are for thinking that!
__________________
F-150 Forum Resident Piñata

Last edited by opinyawn; 10-12-2012 at 02:05 AM.
opinyawn is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:04 AM   #1420
Resident Piñata
 
opinyawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,183
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymeski56 View Post
You need to clean up your act a little bit.
Listen Truck! Don't make me side with Ymeski! Don't do it!
__________________
F-150 Forum Resident Piñata
opinyawn is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Svt lightning work replica Svtricky Members Builds 30 01-23-2016 08:20 PM
Things your grandfather would say! LaMartian Off-Topic 91 01-19-2016 11:33 AM
Fast R/C car/trucks. Anybody play with or own? Franchi Motorsports Off-Topic 19 09-15-2015 06:33 PM
Several small issues with 2015..and my expience thus far. treepoint5zero 2015 - Present Ford F150 1 09-10-2015 05:34 PM
Can anyone help me / what is this thing? Red-Ford 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 4 09-07-2015 12:51 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Copyright © 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.