Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


View Poll Results: Who are you pulling for?
Obama 19 21.11%
Romney 61 67.78%
Not Voting. 10 11.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #1031
Resident Piñata
 
opinyawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,185
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone postal View Post
Just leave the deep fried twinkies out of this, okay?

Besides, homemade applesauce donuts are just as bad, and I still maintain my weight.
Good for you! My sincere apologies! At my age I hate to see myself in the mirror coming out of the shower! Having my eyesight fail is becoming a blessing! Yikes!
__________________
F-150 Forum Resident Piñata
opinyawn is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #1032
Resident Piñata
 
opinyawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,185
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.FX4 View Post
if you are just gonna correct yourself after your rants then what are we here for?

LIBERTY !!!
Now that right there was funny! Git' er done!
__________________
F-150 Forum Resident Piñata
opinyawn is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #1033
Resident Piñata
 
opinyawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,185
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraLargeTall View Post
I'll admit I don't have all the answers but one large problem is all the "ranchettes" being built. 20 acres of great farm ground 20 miles out of a major town right in the middle of all the farm ground and then they complain when farmers do fieldwork...

That and the amount of waste that is considered acceptable to society is ridiculous
Right this date down! We agree!
__________________
F-150 Forum Resident Piñata
opinyawn is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #1034
Resident Piñata
 
opinyawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,185
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Ymeski,

Two questions:

1. Where do you find the time to get all the anti Obama stuff?

2. Have you decided who you are going to vote for yet? It's hard to tell which way you are leaning!

FYI I'm likely going to vote for Obama in case you were curious which way I was leaning! I suspect it is very hard to tell!


I'm just being silly and trying to see some humor in all our opinyawns we fight about! Chances are the country will survive either Obama or Romney!

You'd be surprised how much I disagree with Obama about, but like many voting for Romney.... I'm backing Obama as the anti Romney vote, not because he is perfect!

Can you imagine this thread in four years when Hillary runs for president! Yikes! All this may seem as being very mild! Many like Hillary as much as they like Obama, and she is 10 times tougher than Obama could ever be! She'll be LBJ in a dress! Instead of Professor Obama trying to educate, it may be "Go along, or get your arm broken!"
__________________
F-150 Forum Resident Piñata

Last edited by opinyawn; 10-07-2012 at 06:11 AM.
opinyawn is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #1035
opinions are like *****...
 
MR.FX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinyawn

Can you imagine this thread in four years when Hillary runs for president! Yikes! All this may seem as being very mild! Many like Hillary as much as the like Obama, and she is 10 times tougher than Obama could ever be! She'll be LBJ in a dress! Instead of Obama, it may be "Go along, or get your arm broken!"
Have you seen Hillary lately? that's not fair to LBJ, what did he ever do to you?
__________________
2010 Ferd F Teen Thousand - FX4
2wd e-locker Mod, "gotts" mod, Bakflip F1, bedrug, N-FAB 6 step nerf bars, Nfab Light Bar, Rancho 4 inch lift, HD tails, x3 tuned by 5star. 295/60/20 Nittos on Fuel wheels.
MR.FX4 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #1036
Senior Member
 
jumpseat82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,257
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinyawn

One of the biggest lies of the corporations bleeding us for nearly 19¢ out of every dollar GNP that you choose to trust... is that "Obamacare makes all the decisions or your treatment!" B.S. B.S.! Obamacare's main purpose is to reduce the cost of healthcare and make the insurance companies give you more value for the money they are getting out of us! You still see your same doctor and have the same insurance company... they are just restricted on how much they can screw you since it applies to your very health and life not just buying a truck!

It is incredible that so many will vote against their own needs because of the fear tactics and propaganda of those making so much profit on our healthcare! To do so you must think that all the people of all the industrialized countries from Canada, to Great Britain to Israel and on and on that are getting good healthcare for about 42% of we are having to pay are simply stupid and you are smarter! They are all stupid and getting horrible healthcare and too stupid to know it! Wow! It takes incredible denial of the solid facts every country in the world accepts.... except half of the people of the U.S.!

Why would the corporations getting over 18% of our GNP lie???? Duh! Think!
Why do some Canadians come down the the US for certain procedures? How do we know that Obamacare will reduce the GNP? Did he tell us that or is it hidden somewhere in the thousands of pages of Obamacare? I really don't appreciate being talked down to either. Maybe that works with others. I'm a very open minded person but I've seen the last 4 years. It's disgusting. I don't have to depend on the government. Yes they are there for help when you need it but one shouldn't live of government unless needed. It's so easy now to get disability. People apply everyday and get it. More ppl on welfare then ever before. With your 30 years of teaching how does the government now get those ppl who live on government off of welfare. Won't be very easy. I see it every 3rd day I'm at work. Again you mention the rest of the world. Every major airport has flights leaving for the rest of the world.
jumpseat82 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #1037
Senior Member
 
jumpseat82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,257
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinyawn
Romney hammered Obama with 8% unemployment until it dropped to 7.8%... now the 8% was never real! What a surprise....we can't have any good news until Romney is president! Real employment is more like 14%, he says now! Granted things need to improve as everybody understands, but everywhere I go the stores are full of people shopping and when I try to get into our areas best Buffet Restaurant I have to wait in line outside! It's not the Great Depression! I went to the Toyota dealer to check on a car for one of my family and was told business is much better andthey can't keep the model I was interested in on the lot! They only had one, in a horrible dark color that won't cut it in the desert, but they'll call me when some more come in! What? I thought the economy was dead as Romeny says!

I understand that people that still can't find a job are still hurting, but things are improving month by month and since the hole was dug very deeply it will take time to climb out! That's only common sense!

Things were done wrong from Clinton signing laws agreeing with the Republicans to the deregulating of the banks and going along with NAFTA.... it then went forward through Bush's reducing taxes on the wealthy and telling us that money will "Tickle Down" to the Middle Class! Baloney...we're still waiting for that! Bush then put two wars put on a credit card until it all crashed to a near 2nd Great Depression! So, with 800,000 jobs being lost every month they gave it to Obama to fix.... and now Obama hasn't made everything beautiful yet after only 3 1/2 years!

So.... now Romney wants the steering wheel so he can do essentially what Bush did again and cut 20% more taxes, and pretend closing loopholes will make that up all that lost revenue... so the 1% can get more and more of the wealth of this nation as CLEARLY PROVEN BY IRS FACTS NO ONE CAN DENY.... AND AGAIN the Middle Class are handed the bill!

I hope those that read this thread, but don't post are not easily fooled by more "Trickle Down" economics that favor the wealthy 1%, now called the Job Creators! LOL! I have to admit, "Job Creators" does sound much better than the 1% that owns about half of the wealth of our country that are killing the unions while the stock market has doubled since Obama has been in office! Changing their names fooled you into not knowing they were the 1%, didn't it! Boy do they think we are dumb!
It's not real. Q6 is the real number. Romney is just repeating what the statistics the Bureau of Labor released.
jumpseat82 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #1038
Senior Member
 
Left Plate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West of the East
Posts: 1,541
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 80
Thanked 97 Times in 71 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinyawn View Post
Question: Does your mother's suggestion apply to Romney's "Magical Plan" of reducing taxes by 20% while giving much more money to the Military Industrial Complex for things the Pentagon says they don't need.... just by closing loopholes THAT HE WILL NOT SPECIFY BECAUSE.... THEY WON'T WORK.... JUST AS GEORGE BUSH DID WHEN HE RAN!

George Bush said essentially the same thing knowing that it wouldn't work and then ran up a tremendous debt that was passed on to the Middle Class while the wealthy got a tax break! Go back and look at his speeches and what he said in the debates! Same basic "Trickle Down" baloney that Romney is slicing yet again today! Cut taxes and the economy will boom! Did the economy boom or bomb while Bush was president! It crashed due to his "trickle down" ideas and both Democratic and Republican' administration's stupid, stupid, stupid ideas of getting rid of regulations in financing houses and letting Wall Street mix our savings with their gambling funds! Now Obama can't clean up the mess fast enough for those who left it in his lap and they want to repeat the old mistakes BECAUSE IT REDISTRIBUTES INCOME TO THE 1%, AND DON'T TELL ME NO BECAUSE IT IS PROVEN CLEARLY BY IRS FIGURES! UNLESS YOU DON'T LIKE SOLID FACTS!!
No one including Romney disputes the actual IRS Figures! He just smiles and says as Goerge Bush also did.... I won't do that.... and then... HE WILL DO IT!

If Romney is being honest.... listen very carefully for the "SPECIFIC" LOOPHOLES" he will eliminate that will "ADD UP TO" the massive amount needed to make up for reducing taxes by 20%! Those loopholes will not get through congress as they will hurt both Republicans and Democrats in the Middle Class and effectively raise their taxes! George Bush said the same thing and it never happened! The numbers don't add up, so a 20% tax reduction with more money to the Military Industrial Complex equals adding to the National Debt and of course always blaming Democrats!

What president balanced the budget and left office with a surplus? Clinton! Oh, I know how you hate that fact! Too bad! I'd like to believe in the Easter Bunny too, but facts are facts even when you deny them!

If you hang around these threads long enough and LISTEN! You can get a pretty good feel for the personality? After all, we are all 10 foot tall and bullit proof, right ? Once and a while when a guy like Cogsbeme chimes in, you think, "Man, this guy seems to know what he is talking about ?" Then you think "If he were my neighbor, and would be willing to share his knowledge, then I would consider myself lucky ?"

You, on the other hand is like watching a man drown ? I do not know if we keep responding to you because of basic human compassion ? Knowing that you are still one of the heard. Hoping that you might swim back to the lifeline that is being thrown ? Or is it more of a morbid curiosity, waiting for you to drown ?
__________________
You can't fix stupid!
Left Plate is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #1039
Assistant Administrator
5 Year Member
 
ymeski56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Beach Calimexifornia
Posts: 31,192
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanks: 52
Thanked 616 Times in 362 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinyawn View Post
Ymeski,

Two questions:

1. Where do you find the time to get all the anti Obama stuff?

2. Have you decided who you are going to vote for yet? It's hard to tell which way you are leaning!

1. Looks like we've made some progress. You now realize my beef is not so much having to do w/ party lines, but w/ the President himself. Evidence of his misguidings, poor decisions, if not ineptness & their results is not "anti Obama". It "is" Obama! This evidence is neither few or far between.

2. Yes. After 4 years of careful consideration, I choose "Not Obama".
__________________
"Saving the World....One Ford Truck at a Time."
ymeski56 is online now  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #1040
Assistant Administrator
5 Year Member
 
ymeski56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Beach Calimexifornia
Posts: 31,192
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanks: 52
Thanked 616 Times in 362 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Plate View Post
If you hang around these threads long enough and LISTEN! You can get a pretty good feel for the personality? After all, we are all 10 foot tall and bullit proof, right ? Once and a while when a guy like Cogsbeme chimes in, you think, "Man, this guy seems to know what he is talking about ?" Then you think "If he were my neighbor, and would be willing to share his knowledge, then I would consider myself lucky ?"

You, on the other hand is like watching a man drown ? I do not know if we keep responding to you because of basic human compassion ? Knowing that you are still one of the heard. Hoping that you might swim back to the lifeline that is being thrown ? Or is it more of a morbid curiosity, waiting for you to drown ?
Try reading his posts as "short novels"...loosely bases on a true story, with accuracy secondary in importance to the plot.
__________________
"Saving the World....One Ford Truck at a Time."

Last edited by ymeski56; 10-07-2012 at 10:49 AM.
ymeski56 is online now  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 AM
 
 
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.