Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 04-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I was checking out the new 2014 GM trucks coming out and I had to laugh. The GMC website kept talking of the new innovations and setting the standard! What a joke, it is obvious there R&D consisted of buying a F150 and copying it. Here are some the comments.

http://www.gmc.com/2014-gmc-sierra-p....html#Interior

"Take one look inside the all-new 2014 GMC Sierra and you’ll see clearly why this is the new standard in truck interiors."

"Sierra’s all-new EcoTec3 engines are paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission". Wow they now have a 6 speed, way to catch up with everyone else. EcoTec....hmmm naming sounds familiar!

"Available Hill Descent Control allows for a controlled descent in rough terrain without use of the brake pedal"
"Available Automatic Locking Rear Differential for increased traction"
"Driver Shift Control lets you shift gears up and down with the tap of the shift selector"

That's innovative, Ford has had that for awhile...good try though.

"The available 8” Color Touch radio with Intellilink5 lets you customize your media and connect to your world."
Wow they really pushed the envelope on this one, a 8 inch touch scree in the center stack! That won't sell, oh wait F150 already has it!

Lastly tell me if this gauge cluster looks familiar!

Seems to me GM had the chance to really be innovative and one up Ford but instead decided to just catch up to what the standard is, and this is why I traded my GMC in for the F150 I have and I am hooked.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 GMC and Chevy truck copies Ford-image-4283815413.jpg   2014 GMC and Chevy truck copies Ford-image-3226079768.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by Badbird496; 04-19-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Badbird496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
Fuggetaboutit

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,045 Posts

I wouldn't care if their trucks had 500HP and got 26 mpg, I'm never going back to a GM truck after my previous 09 Silverado let me down on a weekly basis. I thought maybe this latest truck from them would win me back over as a customer in the future, but hell no. As far as I'm concerned, they're just catching up. I sat in one at the auto show and went in with an unbiased opinion, I was so disappointed. Cheapy materials on the cramped interior (backseat is still smaller than Ford and Toyota, despite looking huge from the outside) and that column shifter alone is enough of a turn-off. The dashboard intrudes into the passenger space, and nothing is ergonomically correct. It's just an evolution of the last model, just a truck to keep GM guys coming back. Even some GM guys are disappointed.

Ford has won me over as a truck customer for life right now, (their cars, I could take or leave) and I have no plans to change brands at this point. I've said it before, If i totaled my truck, I'd be right back at the Ford dealer signing for another one. It starts every time I turn the key, I never get tired of looking at it (inside and out), I can tell the radio what I want it to play, it's fast and decent on gas, everything works and is where it should be. What's not to like?

/Rant
2013 F-150 FX4 SCrew 5.0L V8 | Oxford White | 402A | 3.55 | Nav | Roof | OEM Wheelwell liners | Line-X | 20% tint | 3M Protection | Fox 2.0 Coilovers | CustomTruckSolutions Emblems | Tremor grille | 20x9 Fuel Maverick | LT295/55R20 Toyo Open Country A/TII Extremes
HCFX2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #3

Actually after sitting in both the Chevy LTZ and high trim GMC in Febuary I was impressed.... for a GM. Dual glove boxes, heated steering wheel, soft touch stitched dash, soft touch door panels, well organized center console. Rear steps in the bumber are very nice ( if you don't look at them). I'm waiting for production models before I pass too much judgment. I have a friend who has several ordered for his farming operation.
Truckit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

What is that they say that imitation is the best form of flattery?
Maybe they are ripping a page out of Hyundais play book?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
Two Milkmen Go Comedy!

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 03f15012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Plate View Post
What is that they say that imitation is the best form of flattery?
Maybe they are ripping a page out of Hyundais play book?
^this. Oh god... so true it hurt. Seems like GM cant succeed on its own, it needs to mooch off Ford's success.
03f15012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #6

I was really hoping that the new GM's and the Tundra would be mass overhauls, but no. Just facelifts.

I really tried to like the GMT900's, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't. You can feel the bean counters in/on everything.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #7

After my last 3 Chevy truck (I was a diehard Chevy guy) you could not pay me to own another one. The drive trains were OK, but the rest of the truck was pure garbage.
eastern sierras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastern sierras View Post
After my last 3 Chevy truck (I was a diehard Chevy guy) you could not pay me to own another one. The drive trains were OK, but the rest of the truck was pure garbage.
I'm with ya. This is my first Ford but I was sick of the quality and to be honest they never really seemed to change much. Also, they don't offer what the customer wants.....unless you buy a Denali. It's truly sad, they had a chance with a new model to "set the new standard" but instead they did what they always do; they just met it and soon will be behind again. I'm not buying another, truck or car!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckit View Post
Actually after sitting in both the Chevy LTZ and high trim GMC in Febuary I was impressed.... for a GM. Dual glove boxes, heated steering wheel, soft touch stitched dash, soft touch door panels, well organized center console. Rear steps in the bumber are very nice ( if you don't look at them). I'm waiting for production models before I pass too much judgment. I have a friend who has several ordered for his farming operation.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some good things, I like that the rear door on the extended cabs open in the rear like a full door. Great for in parking lots, and some of their other features. But like I said, they had a chance seeing what the standard is and they didn't take advantage of it. They have what, 1 or 2 years before Ford updates and they are behind again.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #10
Shambling Mockery of Man

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I try not to get too vocal because I get accused of being a Ford "fanboy" (and I probably do qualify), but that gauge and steering wheel setup...wow. That's some blatant copycatting there...
Count Drunkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:51 PM