2013 Mustang cooling question - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic

2013 Mustang cooling question

Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2013 Mustang cooling question

I noticed the coolant was getting a little low in my brothers car so I went out and bought this Ford special orange stuff since that's what I was told it uses. Anyway, I'm getting ready put it in, and I notice this dirt stuff in there. It's like little sand particles, or the little rocks they use for asphalt roofing. Some if it is hard like the asphalt roofing, but sometimes I can press my finger in it and it squishes like half dry mud. Any ideas what this stuff is? I haven't added the coolant yet because I want to figure out what this is.

Click the image to open in full size.

My brother has been out of state for a month and won't be back for who knows how long. I am just trying to keep his car in decent shape so if he comes home he doesn't have to spend the next few days doing the general maintenance lol.

Last edited by Red-Ford; Yesterday at 11:50 PM.
Red-Ford is online now   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

-->
Old Today, 08:31 AM   #2
Mark
5 Year Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I can't tell you what it is...but, I would perform a full coolant system flush...remove the T-Stat while flushing and replace with a new one when done.
08 FX4... Flowmaster Exhaust, line-X, Sky Jacker leveling kit. 295/65/20 Nitto trails mounted on 20 X 9 Carol Shelby wheels. AIRAID CAI. Harley headlamps and LED Tails & 3rd brake lights,custom upper and lower Grill. Edge Evolution. Interior/Exterior LED lighting, NFAB step bars.
techrep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #3

Ok, thank you.
Red-Ford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 PM   #4
Trust your Technolust

Default 2013 Mustang cooling question

It's just bits of flashing left over in the water jackets, bits from the rubber hoses or some bits of extra gasket material. Nothing out of the ordinary. Unless it's high mileage or you're having over heating problems, I wouldn't flush it. Add what it needs and monitor it.
Wolvee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 PM