Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Very custom 86 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very custom 86 F-150

I have recently bought a 1986 F-150 XLT shortbed 4x4 with a 351w and have been in the pre-planning stages of beginning a complete overhaul.

I'm redoing almost every component. From top to bottom. Interior, drivetrain, paint, the works.

The engine:
First off I'm going to swap the single pipe exhaust with true dual pipes 2.5", no catelytic conv, out of perfomance headers. Then buying the edelbrock perfomance package which includes new intake manifold, gaskets, camshaft, and valves and assemblies. Considering holley single or dual carbs also, maybe even velocity intake. Gotta replace all my gaskets and hoses, while I'm at it.

Turbocharged:
That's right. Dual. Not joking around with the perfomance I'm seeking out of this truck. She's gonna be one bad mother. This however is going to have to be part of the build I can't do on my own. I'm going to have it perfessionally installed so it doesn't blow my truck up.

Paint:
Thinking midnight black main color with sublime green in between the trim lines on each side. Sublime green in the engine compartment, and engine block. Chrome everything else inside the engine.

Interior:
Black. Just black. And loving the bench seat btw. So much more comfy than my nissan altima's bucket seats!

Exterior:
Needs a lot of bodywork to be the showtruck I want it to be. It is a truck after all, and she looks like she was a work truck.

Conclusion:
Abitious project but I see no reason why it can't be done.
Would love any constructive feedback, keep it positive.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:11 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Upload pictures of your truck throughout the process! I'd love to see how the twin turbo's are gonna work out. Do you still want to keep the 351? Or why don't you drop a 6.4 twin turbo diesel in it
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 PM

Received 149 Likes on 122 Posts

Pics or it didn't happen
Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Iowa Farmer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

If you do a green pinstripe like you said, do green stitching on the upholstery
Old 12-20-2012, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much do you think all this will cost? I was thinking a 4 turbo set up one for each gear, with equisink technolgoy for the diodes in the water seperator.

Quick Reply: Very custom 86 F-150