Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Turn signal Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal Problems

Hey people yeah i am new here but i was wondering if ya'll could help me out. my little brother got a 1983 ford f150 and for some reason the turning signals aren't working. the bulbs all work the hazards work. the oddest thing is that they work when the engine isn't running and the ignition is set to the on position but when the engine is running they don't work. yes the hazard still work when its running. the only thing i could think it would be would be the turning signal switch in the steering wheel. we haven't replaced it yet cuz the part is 99.99 at the part store.

I am not a ford person i own all GM vehicals and never seen something as odd as this for turn signals. you would think with the ignition set to on would be the same even if the motor was running or not. well if anyone has any idea or simular events please let me know. thanks
Old 02-27-2008, 01:14 AM

Check and see if u have power at both sides of the fuse when truck is running. Post back when you check
Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM
that's gonna leave a mark

welcome to the site. Now try this....while pushing the hazard button repeatedly blow on it with an air nozzle. A common problem is that dirt settles around the hazard switch and it screws up the turn signals.

Quick Reply: Turn signal Problems