Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Tilt Wheel Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tilt Wheel Questions.

My 86 F150(Beulah) Has recently been resurrected. And I've got a good headstart on making it the hot rod it always wanted to be! One thing that's always bugged me about the truck since it was handed to me. And thats the tilt wheel! It's always been on the sloppy side. Don't get me wrong it works like it should. But there's about a 1/4 or more of play. I've tried to research for replacement parts and come up with squat!
Can anybody point me in the right direction? Is there bushings or something I can buy to solve this issue? And what is this magical part called??

Thanks Guys
Old 08-25-2016, 06:01 PM
Senior

Received 119 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Volksboy169
My 86 F150(Beulah) Has recently been resurrected. And I've got a good headstart on making it the hot rod it always wanted to be! One thing that's always bugged me about the truck since it was handed to me. And thats the tilt wheel! It's always been on the sloppy side. Don't get me wrong it works like it should. But there's about a 1/4 or more of play. I've tried to research for replacement parts and come up with squat!
Can anybody point me in the right direction? Is there bushings or something I can buy to solve this issue? And what is this magical part called??

Thanks Guys
What kind of play? Side to side in the steering, or up and down in the tilt on the steering wheel itself?
Old 08-26-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I got a rebuilt column from this company: http://www.columnsgalore.com/
They send you a rebuilt column and then you send your old one back in the same box.
OR you can send your column in and have it rebuilt and returned to you.
I think they also have individual parts.

Quick Reply: Tilt Wheel Questions.