Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

T170FT Shifter jamming

Old 06-29-2015, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T170FT Shifter jamming

So i have recently obtained a t170ft that was stuck in 2nd for a 1985 f-150 extended cab that i will be obtaining after i get the transmission fixed. I opened up the transmission and all the gears are fine no damage or anything, but the shifter wouldn't budge even when not attached. i tapped on the two shift slides that are attached to each other very gentle and it allowed it to move but this only lasted a min as it got jammed in 3rd after i shifted it around a few times into different gears configurations (wasn't attached to transmisson). i have been looking up and down the internet for a good answer but none seem to fit my problem. I've read forums about stuck shifters but were usually fixed but moving the sliders into neutral positon which isn't my problem. The shifter is jammed. i think it could possibly be the spring a stick shift assembly and where it connects to the rest of the shifter to allow it to move the sliders. I'm really stuck on this. any ideas or possible solutions would be awesome

Last edited by Riiko82; 06-29-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: T170FT Shifter jamming