Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Stuck on Getting Truck Done !

Old 05-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Almost Done .

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck on Getting Truck Done !

Ok, I bought the truck this past winter, while I was on House Arrest, back in December, an I have been working on it since.. I had it running when I first got it BOTH of the GAS TANKS leaked but I had it running and driving but running roughsounded like the timing was off.. The motor has been re-built lately.. Well a daylater I found out that the FRAME was crack so. I held off oding anything else to the truck.. So I got off House Arrest then went to a junkyard and had a frame piece cut out ofr me an had my buddy that buils rock crawlers re-do my frame and weld it on and reinforce it..Put all New Front Fenders and DogHouse. Put a new Gas TANK in the rear and a new FUEL Pump.. Then tryed starting it and getting it running again after a couple of bills later.. Then it seems like I'm not getting enough FUEL to the LINES, or enough spark.. The wiring harness has been bypassed, and wires have been cut. So what do you ALL THANK ABOUT THAT ONE>> But I have been trting to get rid of all the **** that they bypassed and go back to FACTORY and buying a new wiring harness, igntion module and voltage regulator, an get a COULMN out of a JUNKYARD some where.. I would apperciate all your GUYS help..
Old 03-23-2010, 06:15 PM

i also have an 85 f150 but mine has a striat 6 and i cant get it to stay running i am stumped
Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 PM
>>-------->

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 78 250 is the same way when one thing is fixed something else breaks its the ups and down of an old vehicle... it seen frustrating now but all i can say is stick with it you will be glad you have a great american piece of history that most people dont even know existed when your finished.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deer-fear-me27
my 78 250 is the same way when one thing is fixed something else breaks its the ups and down of an old vehicle... it seen frustrating now but all i can say is stick with it you will be glad you have a great american piece of history that most people dont even know existed when your finished.

X2!!!!

altough I would advise getting a painless wiring harness if your wiring is all cut up or brittle...just personal experience.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:52 AM
cwcw

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaenInsane
Ok, I bought the truck this past winter, while I was on House Arrest, back in December, an I have been working on it since.. I had it running when I first got it BOTH of the GAS TANKS leaked but I had it running and driving but running roughsounded like the timing was off.. The motor has been re-built lately.. Well a daylater I found out that the FRAME was crack so. I held off oding anything else to the truck.. So I got off House Arrest then went to a junkyard and had a frame piece cut out ofr me an had my buddy that buils rock crawlers re-do my frame and weld it on and reinforce it..Put all New Front Fenders and DogHouse. Put a new Gas TANK in the rear and a new FUEL Pump.. Then tryed starting it and getting it running again after a couple of bills later.. Then it seems like I'm not getting enough FUEL to the LINES, or enough spark.. The wiring harness has been bypassed, and wires have been cut. So what do you ALL THANK ABOUT THAT ONE>> But I have been trting to get rid of all the **** that they bypassed and go back to FACTORY and buying a new wiring harness, igntion module and voltage regulator, an get a COULMN out of a JUNKYARD some where.. I would apperciate all your GUYS help..
Sounds like you need to get a wiring diagram for your pickup and some new wiring to run if the original wiring is worn and cut. Is the fuel pump getting power? If not fix its power wire. Check each one of your spark plugs. Make sure they are getting electricity running to them. If not inspect spark plug wire and distributer.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:25 PM

Holy resurrection Batman! I hope the OP got his truck running well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stuck on Getting Truck Done !