Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

shaking at 45 mph plus

Old 11-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Collin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shaking at 45 mph plus

Recently my 1979 f150 blew out the rear end. The pinion was frozen in the housing and took 500 lbs of pressure to get out. Now after completely replacing to rear end and suspension the whole truck is shaking at 45 mph plus. I'm pretty sure its the driveshaft, u joints and bearing but before I want to replace all of that I just want to make sure its nothing else.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimes
Recently my 1979 f150 blew out the rear end. The pinion was frozen in the housing and took 500 lbs of pressure to get out. Now after completely replacing to rear end and suspension the whole truck is shaking at 45 mph plus. I'm pretty sure its the driveshaft, u joints and bearing but before I want to replace all of that I just want to make sure its nothing else.

Did you balance the drive shaft,wheel and tires?. Are all of your suspension parts looked at?.Are your steering connections solid.It is a 35 year old truck. Is it a 4x4 or 2x2?.Was the rear end replaced by a shop?, if so it might be part of the problem?.I would check the above first before any thing else.I have a 1982 F-150 4x4 and on mine i shake some at speeds exceeding 60 mph, turned out mine was wheel balance. I had them balanced but i proved not all balancing shops are equal in the quaality of work they do just saying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: shaking at 45 mph plus