Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

manual choke conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 07:13 PM
AZcountryboy

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default manual choke conversion

I have an 84 f150 with the i6 and the choke has been giving me tons of problems so I am in the process of converting it to a manual choke setup. I have mounted and ran the cable from inside the cab but the bracket in the engine bay that holds the cable steady is giving me problems. It says to mount it about 6 inches away from thr carburetor. The bracket the kit came with just doesn't seem or line up well with the carburetor no matter where I put it. Does anyone have any pictures of one with the manual choke and how the cable bracket is mounted near the carburetor? I have no problem making my own bracket to do this but I would just like to see how others have mounted theirs for some ideas first.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Mine is secured to one of the intake bolts. The bracket that comes with the kit is pretty thin metal so I had to bend it a little to line up better. I also had to cut the top off just a little to clear the air cleaner. Also had to drill out the mount hole to make it a little bigger. Crank the nuts down that hold the cable to the bracket, I had a problem where the nut came loose and the whole cable was moving when I used the **** and not just the inner cable.