Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

lowering a f100

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering a f100

so heres the plan, 1980 f100 2wd with 300I6 3 on the tree. i know it has the i beam setup wich does not really wrk to well for lowering. and well i cannot find drop beams Anywhere :s. my plan is to find out wich f series truck will have stiffer front coils that would fit my truck then cut about 2 coils out... i know...i know cuting coils( you can shake your heads).... but again with some stiffer coils i dont see an issue. now i know doing this i will get some camber u front... but just how much camber do you think il get will it really be that bad? i know a few ppl that have lowered cars with some CRAZY camber and as long as you do tire rotations often quite often they seem to be fine. the real killer is when there toe in is all messed up CHEWS TIRES FAST!

has anyone done this.???? im looking for say 2-3inches drop up front and for the rear il just flip the axle or get a set of drop shackles. something like a 2-4 drop or 3-5 if i can get away with it but doubt that...

also how much camber adjustement is there in the front of these trucks?

my 94 ford taurus has 2 degrees camber in the rear from the 2 inch drop and has no ability to correct camber, i havent any wear issues on the tires at all.

ANY AND ALL INFO appreciated guys! i dont want to slam the truck but i would like it down alittle bit. and down the road a set of classic styled 17inch rims. just looking for a clean decent riding street truck setup i dont mind getting dirty thanks! in advance!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:33 AM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts

Check out dream beams
Old 08-27-2014, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they dont have them for 80... stop at 79 and start at 83+... i would have to convert to a baljoint setup wich would involve spindles possibly a different bolt pattern brakes, tie rods drag link etc.. etcc... etc..

wich i do not want to do...

Quick Reply: lowering a f100