Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

looking at a 79 F150, help me with value.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at a 79 F150, help me with value.

Next week I am possibly going to buy a real clean late 70s F150
Heres what I know:

#3 condition, will be a high #2 with minimal investment.
2 owner and clean title, clean western vehicle little rust & no rot. (south western USA hot and dry here)
AT, 4 X 4 standard cab, short box.
no air, standard model, chrome front and rear bumpers.
no add ons, not cut up. frame good and no rust, body good and only light issues in floorboards from leaking heater core and windows. (easy fix)
351m engine clean, all there tuned and running well. all driveline working, no leaks and not meddled with. suspension, stock with some new bushings and components, ect.....has older alloy wheels and bald mudder tires.
paint is a older good to VG repaint, looks quite good.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
needs new bench seat foam and covers, vent window ****, all other interior is VG now. I'd probably rebuild the seat, go through and do all fluids and filters, repair or patch panel left and right side floorboards, fix vent window, and install OE steel wheels and some BFG mud terrains.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

what should I offer the seller ??? $$$ ???

I know its hard w/ no pics but its clean and I doubt I'll have to drop more than $2k > $2500 to get all the little bits done w/ tires and wheels.

thanks in advance for any and all help. pics to follow when I have some.

Last edited by wyowalsh; 09-24-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Offer 2- $3000

My later model '84 truck is for sale for $4250.00 and everything works and has a shell! Needs paint and a little body work for dents below front doors.. comparing all that needs to be done to "yours"... it is worth less...mine has AC that works 110%, AM/FM/CD, USB and the rear view mirror has a add on with Bluetooth. Complete sound proofing inside on the floors and inside the doors. Plus, it has the
under hood "tool box" option... was a PG&E work truck before we bought it in 1992... has 129K miles... passes CA smog easily.

Last edited by Roger Mabry; 09-25-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default value for average to VG '78 F150 4x4 AT

thanks for the info, I'm really looking for a "70s" style F150 or F250, mainly for a winter vehicle. I believe the older "70s" style had stronger frames and were a bit more stout than the style that followed. I just like the look really. All I was looking for was an overall ballpark these vintage trucks are in, what price range. I'm thinking $4 - $6k is decent for a rust free running vehicle that needs some rubber and some minor trim. I'm seeing alot of trucks similar that are either around $6-7 k and OK, or $12K and up for the "restored type"

Quick Reply: looking at a 79 F150, help me with value.