Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Help !!!! '86 f150 fuel system problem ???

Old 02-08-2010, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help !!!! '86 f150 fuel system problem ???

Hello all, hoping you more experienced f150 guys can help me out. My grandfather recently bought a new truck and gave me his old 86 f150 with the 302 5.0L fuel injection. Not long after i got the truck, i noticed when putting her into reverse the idle would dip down so low that if i did anything but wait it would stall out, and also stalled once or twice when turning corners. Then the exhaust fell off, so i put a parking plate on her for about 3 months. I just got around to fixing the exhaust, but now when i start the truck it seems to misfire, if i play with the gas i can keep her running but if i hold the gas down i get when sounds like a backfire in the intake. So i changed the plugs, plug wires, thinking maybe the old plugs wernt always firing... I unplugged the plugs wires one after another to see which made a difference when starting the truck but every plug made the truck run equally worse.. so im assuming its not a fire problem (i was about to change the distribuer cap) Please give me an idea what direction i should be looking in !!! Justin

Last edited by Justin247; 02-08-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help !!!! '86 f150 fuel system problem ???