Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Heating intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heating intake manifold

I'm looking at buying an intake manifold for my straight six, the Clifford intake appears to have no Chamber for exhaust heat to pass through, does anybody know what options I have to custom fit something to it? I was thinking maybe drill and tap an in let and outlet? Any suggestions would help, thanks
Old 04-20-2015, 12:42 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

dont drill the clifford! there is more to it than just drilling and tapping the intake. the stock intakes were designed to suck exhaust back into the engine to help it heat up quicker and to improve emissions. the clifford eliminates that process entirely and unless you live in california or some other emissions controlled state you really dont have to worry about it. if your concerned about the old exhaust fitting with the new intake, i dont know too much about that. but being that you are already working around there, i would just find some headers or call the local junk yard and find the exhaust off of an efi i6 300
Old 04-20-2015, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Burr
dont drill the clifford! there is more to it than just drilling and tapping the intake. the stock intakes were designed to suck exhaust back into the engine to help it heat up quicker and to improve emissions. the clifford eliminates that process entirely and unless you live in california or some other emissions controlled state you really dont have to worry about it. if your concerned about the old exhaust fitting with the new intake, i dont know too much about that. but being that you are already working around there, i would just find some headers or call the local junk yard and find the exhaust off of an efi i6 300

I realized after i posted that, that it would be pretty stupid, don't think ill be drilling anything haha. I just read about how the heat on an intake can help your feul burn better and help performance in colder climates so i posted up here before really thinking it through. don't worry.came to my senses. looking into getting some hooker headers, very expensive, but think it might be worth it

Quick Reply: Heating intake manifold