Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

electric door locks

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default electric door locks

i have a 1955 f-100 with bear claws latches. having them working with the stock outside and inside handles but i need to figure out how to get them to lock. figured id get some of those electric door locks, the type you unlock with a remote control button. any one installed these and if so what type.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought that I saw a kit from lmc truck in my buddies catalog, but I might have been wrong.

www.lmctruck.com
Old 02-04-2009, 12:54 AM
DrTito

Default I switched back

I have eletric windows and locks now, and there on there way out. Its just one more thing that drains on the battery.

I do have shaved doors so no need for locks, got it set up on wire controlled poppers stached.

I do not recomend them for older cars. But give a try Good luck.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:41 PM

i wish i could just use a key, like the original setup was, but the bear claw latches are to close to the outside of the door skin and therefore the original key lock wont slide in enough, they jit the latch mech. thats how i found out i had bear claw latches. i know there better but what a pain. what would be perfect is if i could find a replacement door handle button that would take a key. that way all id have to do is swap out the button.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 PM
DrTito

I am sure that if you took it apart and put it back together you would get a better understanding of how it works.

Maybe have a shorter key just for the door.

There are alot of locking doors try different company or by size.

Be open to ideas ask around at auto parts stores and body shops, someone has had this problem before you i am sure there is an answer.

Do you have a close up picture of the door, door lock, and jab?

Quick Reply: electric door locks