Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

camber caster and toe settings

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camber caster and toe settings

Hi, I am new to this forum but couldn't find what I am looking for. I have a 86 2wd that I just replaced the upper and lower ball joints and all the tie rod ends. I took it in to get it aligned and was informed that the caster bushings are shot, 200 to fix. I take it to mean the radius arm bushings are shot. Anyway, money is tight and I went and got the truck. I will get the bushings and install myself but don't want (cant afford the extra cost right now) to pay 160 for an alignment at les schwab. They said it would only be 54 for a toe alignment if everything is within spec. I would like to know what the specs are so I can be sure I'm within spec. Right now I have a lot more time than money if you know what I mean.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:21 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Don't have the specs you are requesting, yes the radius arm does control the castor. Doubt very much if anything after bushing replacement is necessary. Bushings bad will probable cause it to be toed out.

Quick Reply: camber caster and toe settings