Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Another Duraspark Conversion Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Duraspark Conversion Question

Hello, I have been reading as much material as I can about the Duraspark II Conversion. I intend to convert my 1985 Ford F150, 300 6, with emissions over to this system. I could not find a junkyard with the right parts in my area, so I chose to order online. We will see if this was a poor choice, if it might not have been easier to just hunt a little further out of my territory.

Anyways, I ordered a wiring harness from american autowire and when I took it out of the box it didn't seem to match what I was seeing in the forums. I am not an electrical genius for sure and was hoping to see if what I got will still work. Here are some pictures of what I recieved.

Compared to the harness I viewed in the link below it looks like I am missing some important connectors: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...swap-help.html

So what do you think? Send it Back? Look harder in the junkyards or will this work?

I think I will have a few more questions before this is all over, I now submit my inexperience to the experts here.
Attached Thumbnails Another Duraspark Conversion Question-dsc07849.jpg   Another Duraspark Conversion Question-dsc07850.jpg  
Old 06-16-2014, 07:58 PM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts

From my understanding you can make the single wire connector for the distributor from a female blade clip.

Try this page out, and see if it helps. Also try registering and asking these guys. they are who i go to when i dont know something . Loads of smart experienced people.

Quick Reply: Another Duraspark Conversion Question