Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Accessory belts

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Accessory belts

OK I think I am on the right forum now.I just bought an 86 F150 4X2.It only has one v-belt for the fan.It has A/C so it has to have at least one more and likely 2.Does anyone have a pic of the belts routing and maybe sizes.It has a 5.8 L (351cid)
I likely will have many more questions and some answers,so I look forward to visiting often. Thx George
Old 09-12-2010, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well you should have 2. one will be from the fan to the alternator (and smog pump if equipped) and the other should be to the P/S pump (if equipped) and the A/C (if equipped and in your case you said you do have it)
Old 09-12-2010, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that I took a close look I do have 2 belts but they are now routed that way.There are 3 pulleys on the crank end.The inside one has a short belt to the altenator.The middle one is empy but looks like it lines up to the air pump.The outside one runs the fan and the power steering pump.The A/C comp looks like it lines up with the idler pulley and the altenator.Looks like someone changed things around.Living in west Texas I kinda like to get that A/C working,by next summer anyway.
Did I read you right that you are going into the Army??

Quick Reply: Accessory belts