Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

85 efi 5.0 intermittent no start. Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 efi 5.0 intermittent no start. Help!!!!

Ok I've got an 85 f150 5.0 efi and it started out cutting out on me while driving. I have fixed this issue I think. I put a new tfi on it. Along with a new ecm, dist, tune up, coil. I think that's all I put on. It was loosing spark. Not sometimes it won't start but I still have spark. I put a new pump in the rear tank and a new high pressure pump on the rail. I thought I wasn't getting the right fuel pressure. Truck starts sometimes. About the only thing I haven't replaced are the injectors and the harness. I don't know where to go next it won't start today and tomorrow it will start and I won't even touch the truck between tries. When it starts it runs good. It's not making sense to me. Help please
Old 07-22-2015, 12:44 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

have you pulled codes?
Old 07-22-2015, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sir. I am planning on it when I get a chance to
Old 07-22-2015, 09:30 PM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Mattingly
Ok I've got an 85 f150 5.0 efi and it started out cutting out on me while driving. I have fixed this issue I think. I put a new tfi on it. Along with a new ecm, dist, tune up, coil. I think that's all I put on. It was loosing spark. Not sometimes it won't start but I still have spark. I put a new pump in the rear tank and a new high pressure pump on the rail. I thought I wasn't getting the right fuel pressure. Truck starts sometimes. About the only thing I haven't replaced are the injectors and the harness. I don't know where to go next it won't start today and tomorrow it will start and I won't even touch the truck between tries. When it starts it runs good. It's not making sense to me. Help please
You did not mention the fuel pressure regulator. Did you do a fuel pressure check at the fuel rail? See my post in this thread for specifications. https://www.f150forum.com/f13/proper...essure-306088/

Read my links for fuel system info and code reading.

Last edited by klricks; 07-22-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Quick Reply: 85 efi 5.0 intermittent no start. Help!!!!