Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

3 final projects left for my short term goal completion on my 84 F-150 I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile 3 final projects left for my short term goal completion on my 84 F-150 I need help!

Well I have completed 4 big projects for my short term goal list of projects for my 84, just have 3 to go on the short term list, and 1 of which is going to be a big project for me, and I will be needing some help and insight with the project as it is something that is well out of my range of skill levels. I'm not afraid to learn, and defenatly more then willing to learn but I don't want to do the project 3-4 times to get it right so hopefully the fine folks here at F150FORUM.COM can help me out!!

project to be completed : 1 of the 2 options

option 1: rebuild current 1 barrel carburetor stock with no information about it yet! I don't even know the make of this carburetor yet!

option 2: rebuild a Weber 32\36 2 barrel carburetor that was included with the trade with this truck! previous owner of truck claimed to of used this carburetor at one point and claimed it choked out under throttle as if not enough gas in the float to run the truck under throttle.

truck: 1984 Ford F-150, w/4.9 liter 300 CI brand new fresh build currently at 175 miles on fresh built motor and transmission and rear-end, with new block fuel pump, fresh fuel tank flush out, and new fuel sending unit installed a new site glass fuel filter installed prior to the fuel pump!. Truck is running great with stock 1 bbl carburetor but it looks like crap, inside of carburetor where the fuel jet is is solid black with build up (carbon probably) and has a great deal of sludge build up on the carburetor (this is just about the only part previous owner didn't rebuild before re-installing it back on the truck) so the stock carburetor is gold from its age and all the sludge build up on it, it had leaked gas at one point judging by the amount of sludge located below the fuel filter and the amount of sludge on the base plate. Everything else is new why not make the carburetor new as well, I'm sure some will suggest if it's not broken don't fool with it but thats not how I work, I want it all fixed before I end up down the road and find out then it is screwed up and I am on the side of the road possibly with grand kid(3 yrs old) in truck with me, or wife and kids or even worse with the bass boat behind me on the side of the road trying to find tools and a rebuild kit for a carburetor on the side of the road, due to carburetor failure!

So if you can or are willing to assist with this next project I am all ears and a very good learner, I will listen, I will ask question and I will value all education I receive for the rest of my life! If you have any question before that start then please ask away I will answer them to the best of my ability!

check out my garage to be able to see photos of the engine and carburetor

I need to figure out how to post pictures on here inside of the post, been to busy to figure it out yet!

Last edited by Mr_Shadetree; 05-05-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just done a quick check on the carburetor that is currently mounted on the engine , and what information have to relay is: is that most the electrical items, are unplugged? and many many zipties are being used holding the choke in the open position and most of the other electrical items are unplugged, and their are about 5-6 maybe 7 of the vacuum plugs in place plugging the vacuum ports of the carburetor!! Just wanted to give an update on my finding, not really sure what I am doing so I have to you alls aid for rescue!!
Thanks Mr_Shadetree
Old 09-21-2014, 01:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump
Old 09-22-2014, 03:28 PM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_Shadetree
Well I have completed 4 big projects for my short term goal list of projects for my 84, just have 3 to go on the short term list, and 1 of which is going to be a big project for me, and I will be needing some help and insight with the project as it is something that is well out of my range of skill levels. I'm not afraid to learn, and defenatly more then willing to learn but I don't want to do the project 3-4 times to get it right so hopefully the fine folks here at F150FORUM.COM can help me out!!

project to be completed : 1 of the 2 options

option 1: rebuild current 1 barrel carburetor stock with no information about it yet! I don't even know the make of this carburetor yet!

option 2: rebuild a Weber 32\36 2 barrel carburetor that was included with the trade with this truck! previous owner of truck claimed to of used this carburetor at one point and claimed it choked out under throttle as if not enough gas in the float to run the truck under throttle.

truck: 1984 Ford F-150, w/4.9 liter 300 CI brand new fresh build currently at 175 miles on fresh built motor and transmission and rear-end, with new block fuel pump, fresh fuel tank flush out, and new fuel sending unit installed a new site glass fuel filter installed prior to the fuel pump!. Truck is running great with stock 1 bbl carburetor but it looks like crap, inside of carburetor where the fuel jet is is solid black with build up (carbon probably) and has a great deal of sludge build up on the carburetor (this is just about the only part previous owner didn't rebuild before re-installing it back on the truck) so the stock carburetor is gold from its age and all the sludge build up on it, it had leaked gas at one point judging by the amount of sludge located below the fuel filter and the amount of sludge on the base plate. Everything else is new why not make the carburetor new as well, I'm sure some will suggest if it's not broken don't fool with it but thats not how I work, I want it all fixed before I end up down the road and find out then it is screwed up and I am on the side of the road possibly with grand kid(3 yrs old) in truck with me, or wife and kids or even worse with the bass boat behind me on the side of the road trying to find tools and a rebuild kit for a carburetor on the side of the road, due to carburetor failure!

So if you can or are willing to assist with this next project I am all ears and a very good learner, I will listen, I will ask question and I will value all education I receive for the rest of my life! If you have any question before that start then please ask away I will answer them to the best of my ability!

check out my garage to be able to see photos of the engine and carburetor

I need to figure out how to post pictures on here inside of the post, been to busy to figure it out yet!
Now that you are a self-proclaimed "diesel-weasel" that can "haul anything" what happened to your mediocre 84' inline 6?

All your information is belongs to us.

Quick Reply: 3 final projects left for my short term goal completion on my 84 F-150 I need help!