Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

1979 f150 Mud Bogger??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 f150 Mud Bogger??

As you can tell from the thread title I have a 1979 F150 4x4. I have hopes on makin it into a Mud bog truck kinda like the stuff on youtube. I know Im probably getting into a lot, maybe even over my head but none the less I want to try.

The only trouble Im having is figuring out how Im gonna lift my truck higher than 9 inches, which is the tallest lift I can find on the market.

The rear I figure I can just get 9" leaf springs and put a 4" block under it and theres 13" right there. But the Ill look like a jacked up hot rod drivin around with my nose in the dirt because the rear end is 4 1/2 to 5 inches higher than the front.

Does anyone know of a place that makes taller coils to bring the front and rear end level? Or are there alternatives to just the taller coils? I have it sittin at stock height with 33s because of hesitation on the lift for it so any information is exetremely helpful!!!

Quick Reply: 1979 f150 Mud Bogger??