Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Windows and door ajar

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows and door ajar

Hey guys, this is my first post to these forums and unfortunately not a positive one. Wondering if anyone can help. I have an 09 f150 fx4 crewcab. Last week the windows on all 4 doors stopped working completely and the door ajar light comes on. Today I noticed that when I press the rear defrost (live in canada and got snow this week... Way too early) the door ajar light comes and stays on until pressed again. I have taken off the door panel off the drivers side and checked all the wires, no breaks. Not sure what it could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:35 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Have you checked the fuse blocks? I think on our gen there are two. One where you open the drivers door on the dash assembly and one in the engine bay. Might double check. Also, have you had any leaks in your back window? Maybe the wiring to your defroster is corroded causing a short. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:23 PM

I did check the fuse, although only the one by the passenger door. It's a weird fuse with a reset. Didn't check anything in the engine bay though. Also don't have any leaks. Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:56 AM

I recently tried the wd-40 trick with no luck. Figured that wouldnt work anyway as the the rear defrost is also included in the problem. So frustrated!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:09 PM

Received 180 Likes on 116 Posts

Have you checked the rubber boots holding the wires through each of the door hinges? I know that wires break in there, and no need to pull panels- just slide the accordion boot so you can see the bundle.

Quick Reply: Windows and door ajar