Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Will disconnecting my battery affect radio? 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Will disconnecting my battery affect radio? 2011

Hi
I have a 2011 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0L and it has the factory radio with 6cd changer in it.
If I plan on doing any work on truck which requires disconnecting the battery will it prevent the radio from working (after re-connecting battery) without a trip to the dealer to re activate it?
(I had a 2004 Trailblazer previously which was supposed to need a trip to the dealer @$50 a pop to re-activate it)
I say supposedly because I used to plug a battery into the lighter socket to keep enough power in the system to bypass the problem.

Just not sure with my F150 which is new to me this past December.
Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob McNally
Hi
I have a 2011 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0L and it has the factory radio with 6cd changer in it.
If I plan on doing any work on truck which requires disconnecting the battery will it prevent the radio from working (after re-connecting battery) without a trip to the dealer to re activate it?
(I had a 2004 Trailblazer previously which was supposed to need a trip to the dealer @$50 a pop to re-activate it)
I say supposedly because I used to plug a battery into the lighter socket to keep enough power in the system to bypass the problem.

Just not sure with my F150 which is new to me this past December.
Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
I never had a Ford with that issue out of my 5, with the factory stereos. Here in the desert first thing I do is get a battery when I buy a used truck. I highly doubt you'll have an issue.
The following users liked this post:
Bob McNally (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure what to expect.

Quick Reply: Will disconnecting my battery affect radio? 2011