Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Where do i pull the transmission line for flush

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do i pull the transmission line for flush

Name:  IMG_20140703_082542.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  tranline.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  101.3 KB

these lines are coming from the transmission, where do i disconnect to flush the transmission. i also know that the more hot line is the supply and the cooler line is the return. i need to leave the return alone and place the supply in a empty bucket, and i shouldnt drain more than three quarts at a time without refilling, but i probably will only flush a quart at a time cause im a patient person, and i like to get things done right.

Last edited by muncheese; 07-07-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Cant this thing go faster

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I suggest you do the pan drop method and install a drain plug to make future fluid and filter changes MUCH easier. Especial has a great writeup on both here.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so i asked to intern at a garage yesterday. told me that i need to use a machine to properly flush. he also said that i shouldnt run any flush additives, which i would really like to use seafoam trans tune for flush, does anyone have any experience with this product? should i not use it or any other flush? and why cant i flush at home?
Old 07-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Cant this thing go faster

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by muncheese
ok so i asked to intern at a garage yesterday. told me that i need to use a machine to properly flush. he also said that i shouldnt run any flush additives, which i would really like to use seafoam trans tune for flush, does anyone have any experience with this product? should i not use it or any other flush? and why cant i flush at home?
He is talking about a power flush. You are talking about a fluid change. I would only use good quality ATF, unless you already have an issue and have nothing less to lose. Some people have had luck with lucas or seafoam products, but I wouldn't consider them in a functioning transmission.

Quick Reply: Where do i pull the transmission line for flush