Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Wheels/Logos on F150 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels/Logos on F150 Platinum

I have a 2010 Platinum, and the wheels are very corroded. They look like white tracks and such all over them (and are rough). This started happening about 2 years ago, but I was told it was not covered under my warranty (or extended warranty). Is there anything that can be done about this?

Also, almost all of the logos have fallen off of them - the blue Ford logo itself. I have found them actually laying on the ground (like the coating) outside of the truck before.

I find it hard to believe none of this is covered by warranty - but wanted to know if there was something I can do for these since they are not.

Thanks a lot for any information.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 2,961 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Originally Posted by vaiism
I have a 2010 Platinum, and the wheels are very corroded. They look like white tracks and such all over them (and are rough). This started happening about 2 years ago, but I was told it was not covered under my warranty (or extended warranty). Is there anything that can be done about this?

Also, almost all of the logos have fallen off of them - the blue Ford logo itself. I have found them actually laying on the ground (like the coating) outside of the truck before.

I find it hard to believe none of this is covered by warranty - but wanted to know if there was something I can do for these since they are not.

Thanks a lot for any information.

Yes there is...

Find a good reputable wheel dealer near you.
One that specializes in refinishing wheels. You can have them refinished and re coated with clear coat.

What they would do with yours is what's called glass beading. Its like sand blasting but with glass beads so it doesn't pit the wheels. Theres also shelling which is when they use shells from nuts (I know, sounds crazy) in a similar process. They clean them all up then re-spray them with a clear coat which is usually a lot better and stronger than what comes from factory.

Usually about $100 a wheel.
The following users liked this post:
vaiism (01-22-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 04:24 PM

Thank you very much - I will check into this here. Doesn't sound too expensive.

Hope I can find those logos somewhere.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:17 PM

fyi...just in case.

https://www.f150forum.com/f59/platin...s-sale-286730/
Old 01-24-2015, 12:46 PM

Thanks for the link - I can't seem to see it (says wrong perms), but from the links seems to be someone selling theirs? How much are they asking?
Old 01-25-2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by vaiism
Thanks for the link - I can't seem to see it (says wrong perms), but from the links seems to be someone selling theirs? How much are they asking?
Sorry can't find it anymore...they must have sold them.
New set of Platinum wheels, $1000

Quick Reply: Wheels/Logos on F150 Platinum