Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

What do i need to replace driver upper control arm?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do i need to replace driver upper control arm?

only had the truck for about 4 months... the upper contol arm is worn, rubber falling out... never worked on a new truck before.. Just wondering if i need a spring compressor? I have the part coming in the mail!

never really looked under there!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Pimp

What year and model truck? I have a 97 2WD with coilover front end. It was in the same shape and made some pretty funky noise. I got the parts from Napa for around $140 and did it in an afternoon with basic tools. Had to get an alignment though. She was all over the place when I was done.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:50 PM

04 f150 extended cab STX with the 4.6L

i need to get a better look... part is 50 bucks... i dont know if it has a coil spring or coilovers? never been under it... I just took a glance at the upper control arm ball joint and its def worn!!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Pimp

If you have coilovers, then you will surely need the spring compressors. The springs are dangerous if not handled properly, but luckily most chain auto parts stores will rent you the tools for next to nothing. If you get stuck let me know, I used the manual to do mine not too long ago and it went very well.

Quick Reply: What do i need to replace driver upper control arm?