Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

weird radio issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry weird radio issues

so ive been looking, and looking, but no luck. so i was cleaning cleaning and detailing the truck live ive done many times before. when i was done and pulling out of the shop my wife was trying to get the tape aux. thing out of the radio and noticed that the display wasnt on. so i tried the dimmer switch, and what ever elde i could think of and nothing i can tun the volume up and down and switch from am to fm but thats about it any ideas i would just get the radio ive been looking at but no money to spend on that with christmas and all and i would really like to get the factory radio working again till i can get another one so any suggestions would be a huge help thanks
Old 12-17-2013, 07:10 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

sounds like an old radio. The tape deck went out in the early 90's. If the radio light is not on it's probably just a fuse. Check under the hood @ the fuse panel. If you have a tape stuck in the unit use pliers and manually pull it out so the radio will work.

Quick Reply: weird radio issues