Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Waxing Black

Old 08-15-2011, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waxing Black

just got an 05 F150 Lariat Supercrew with 7k on it. whats the best way to go about waxing it? i know keeping swirl out of the clear with be nearly impossible, but can someone suggest a good wax and technique? thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Former Car Guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good caranuba without cleaner. Mothers, Meguires and such. Wipe and polish in the direction of airflow (back and forth, left to right, whatever) and forget that 'Karate Kid' (swirl) technique.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:46 AM
2Busy2KeepumAllRunning!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great excuse to buy some tools! I couldn't be happier with my Porter Cable DA and Meguiar's MicroFiber DA correction kit. Here's my result with black paint:

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/de...pective-56723/

Gonna tackle the F150 in the next couple of weeks.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:18 AM

You need a glaze, the glaze will fill in those swirl marks and make the paint smooth as glass, you can pick this up at advance auto part or pep boys. Its in meguires, the bottle is a cream color.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Retired Aerospace

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Do as the Experts Do:

Save yourself a lot of elbow grease and get a great, long-lasting, professional shine as well. What's good enough for the majors' show cars should be good enough for anyone:

http://www.autogeek.net/klasse.html?...FYTt7QodjXviPg

Read carefully the application guide. Machine application can be used, but is really not necessary.

I have no quarrel with the wax formulations, but why settle for a costly labor-intensive process when longer lasting results with less effort can be had?

BTW: I have no vested interest in Klasse products; I recommend them as a result of my own personal experience with them....I pay for 'em like everyone else.

Last edited by Kattumaram; 08-27-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Beretta

Originally Posted by SayBye
just got an 05 F150 Lariat Supercrew with 7k on it. whats the best way to go about waxing it? i know keeping swirl out of the clear with be nearly impossible, but can someone suggest a good wax and technique? thanks
Google fastwax.com.......I use it on my black 02' screw works beautifully

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Waxing Black