Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Vehicle speed sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Vehicle speed sensor

My overdrive off light flashes when I drive long distances. Found out the there is a problem with the vehicle speed sensor. I checked the resistance across the sensor and it checked out fine measuring 223 ohms. I could feel the drive gear for the sensor, in the tail housing, and it had alot of play. Could this be the problem. Has anyone else had this problem?????
Old 09-22-2008, 07:03 AM
OVERTHINKER

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

What is the code number? Check the wiring harness for rubs and bare spots. Check it all the way to the engine compartment, especially on top of the tranny.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know, I don't recall the codes. my friend ran the troublecode reader and told me where to look. it did say to check conductivity across the sensor as i have done, and hinted at possibly the drive gear being worn, needing replacment. i did have some tranny work done, maybe a wire got pinched when they reinstalled everything back in. i will check the wiring when i get the chance. thanks for the idea!

Quick Reply: Vehicle speed sensor