Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Truck's completely dead.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Truck's completely dead.

Hi everyone i'm new to this forum stuff so here it goes, i've got a 2013 F150 5.0L and i have never really had an issue with it until now. i was hauling a enclosed trailer loaded roughly around 9000 LBS and my truck was running great and towing great as well but as soon as i arrived at my destination i shut it off for about 15-20 minutes and then i went to start it again i couldn't, i had power to my dash and headlights,horn etc, but every light and warning was flashing on my screen and my mileage read --- --- but i have around 35,000kms on it,and after a while my battery died. i'm just looking for some insight or opinions as to what may have caused this problem, thanks!
Old 07-20-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, is this the original 750cca battery?
I just went through a similar situation with my 2012 5.0. Since I just bought the truck in Jan this year and only put 5K miles on it driving only on the weekends. When it wouldn't start for my wife and had a battery saver message on the console readout, I took it into the dealer for a check out. $118 and a replacement battery later they said I was good to go. Battery had a shorted cell. 3years old and the battery is junk!!!

Imagine loading up the family a week and a half later for a vacation day trip only to have no power to anything!
I jumped the vehicle and drove it back to the dealer explaining that I was leaving for a camping trip the next day and I wanting the truck checked for a parasitic draw that killed the battery. With a promise to get it done quickly I took my wife's 11 year old van and left for our day trip.
The next morning I went to retrieve my truck and the service advisor tells me hey it was a bad battery!
A new Motorcraft battery that shorts out a cell in a week and a half???
When I tell him of my low confidence in the repair solution, his response is; well if it happens again, you get another free battery

Quick Reply: Truck's completely dead.