Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Truck won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck won't start

So here is the thing, truck ran just fine a week ago. I sprang a fuel line leak while running some trails (seal on the return line went bad), got it home, fixed it, and ran it to make sure the leak was gone. Now I go to drive it to the lumber yard today, and it won't start. All the accessories come on, but as soon as I try to crank it, poof, nothing. No starter click or anything. Talked to a buddy who showed me how to pull codes from the dash. The codes I got were: C0706 - transmission range sensor; 9202 - Fuel Sender Open Circuit; 5284 - oil pressure switch. Does anyone know where I should start? By the way, it is a 2000 SCAB. Thanks a bunch.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:02 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

C0706 - transmission range sensor. Start here. I believe this is a neutral safety switch. If it's a stick, it could be on the clutch pedal assembly or a switch on the trans if it's an automatic. If it's bad it won't allow the engine to crank over. Good luck

Quick Reply: Truck won't start