Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

truck won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck won't start

my truck died on me one block from my house. ('05 F150 5.4 supercrew 4x4 w/approx 40,000 miles) when I tried to restart it ...it just turned over. I thought....fuel pump. When I returned about 10 minutes later it started for 30 seconds then turned off. while the key was on a clicking noise could be heard from the firewall area. I noticed that my security light blinked at the rythm of the clicking noise. When I turned the key and tried to restart the truck nothing would happen. the truck doesn't even turn over now....just that clicking noise.
It appears that clicking noise if from an electrical part located on the drivers side firewall and it has a fuel hose coming in and out of it. the noise can be felt on that part and in the air intake/ manifold. I disconnected the wire and it stopped.

What is that part? and does any one have any suggestions?
Attached Images  
Old 12-11-2008, 03:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I guess that something happened to stock alarm system - it seems to think you're stealing your truck.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 AM

hmmm...i can see that. what is the fix and what is the name of the part in that attachment?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good question... I guess you need to reset the alarm... But i'm not sure how to do it - i've never had a Ford with one. I think other guys in here will be more helpful
Old 12-12-2008, 06:29 PM

I was able to identify that part. Its called a EVAP Canister Purge Valve. Taking the truck in today. Hate to do it considering I like to fix things myself but I will post a follow up in order to help someone in the future.

Quick Reply: truck won't start