Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Truck will not start

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck will not start

I have a 03 F150 4wd SuperCrew. Took it on a trip to Fla from NC about 1200 miles round trip. Ran fine. Drove around town the next few days and I noticed a slight miss. Brought it home parked it overnight. Came out next morning and it tried to start but then sputtered and quit. Engine turns over but sounds like the timing is off bad. Looking at fuses to see if blown. How do I tell if a relay is bad?

Any ideas as to what problem could be?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercrewed
I have a 03 F150 4wd SuperCrew. Took it on a trip to Fla from NC about 1200 miles round trip. Ran fine. Drove around town the next few days and I noticed a slight miss. Brought it home parked it overnight. Came out next morning and it tried to start but then sputtered and quit. Engine turns over but sounds like the timing is off bad. Looking at fuses to see if blown. How do I tell if a relay is bad?

Any ideas as to what problem could be?
SuperCrewed,
I've had kinda the same problem off and on. My '03 F150 occasionally
turns over but won't start (usually during or after an electrical storm).
I'm blaming it on the electronics/computer. I disconnect the battery and let it sit awhile (usually all day. It seems to take a while for things to return to normal). After reconnecting the battery, Every thing works fine.

This fixes the symptoms, but does nothing for the problem. If anyone has a sugestion, I'm all ears.

Laphonzo

Quick Reply: Truck will not start