Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

truck stalls

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default truck stalls

My 1995 f150 stall driving down the freeway, you wait 10-15 minutes and it starts. I have called tow trucks numerous times then get done talking with them try starting it will start call towing people back and cancel my tow and move on down freeway after that trouble free ussally.It is a 5.0 l automatic trans. If has spark I am not sure for it stalls when I am on freeway in Seattle. Hard to check with one person. Fuel it has fuel in the tank. it does not spit and sputter. Just bang goes down. Yes it cranks right over after the stall but no signs of fire over just cranks wait 15 minutes will start but then it kind of sputters and start slowly. I have changed the fuel filter, i have put new distrbuter cap and rotor in it also. I have brought to a mechanic shop but it is always when it runs so they can not pull any codes. When it does stop by the time I tow it to them it will start for them. I also put a new fan clutch on it cause i had a problem with the engine just reving really bad before the latest problem and sucking gas that caused that problem.

Last edited by jeffld; 04-01-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: people asked for information
Old 03-31-2007, 08:28 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Welcome to the site. Its nice to meet you.

What motor is in the truck? Automatic or Man. trans? When it stalls: Does it have spark? Does it have fuel? Does it have injector pulse? Does it spin over right after the stall? Does it die suddenly? Does it spit and sputter before cutting off? INFO INFO INFO. We need more to go on to be able to help you.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think we shoud put a sticky at the top of every thred that says "be sure to give some information, or NGM will beat it out it out of you then pout untill he gets that info; he will then promptly answer your question"
Old 04-01-2007, 08:00 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't pout. Its just aggravating when some one posts "my truck cuts off whats wrong" Tell me what you have checked or what happens just before it cuts off. Give us some info. I have customers that come in and have something wrong with their car but don't even know what year the car is. At least at the shop I can go outside and look at the car and get the info I want. I can't do that on the net. I gotta rely on the person posting.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 302 motor

I have a 1995 F-150 with the 302 motor in it. When its hot out 107 degrees and i run the ac, when I come to a stop the motor acts as if its going to stall, but then it will take off. I have replaced the oxygen sensor under the passenger side on the exhaust to no avail. Anyone have any other idea's why it may do this?

Quick Reply: truck stalls