Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Transmission went after maintenance?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission went after maintenance?!

Hey. I have a 2006 xlt screw 90,000 miles. Today on my ten minute ride from work I turned o.d. off and then back on. As soon as I turned it back on I instantly lost power o.d. light began to blink. I could still drive but only 35-30mph barely with no power on command. had my actron plugged too watch for misfires after plug change codes P0731 P0732 codes showed. These are gear 1 and 2 have incorrect ratio. Last weekend cousin and I did some maintenance. We removed and replaced spark plugs and coil packs.( what a s**t storm to get the plugs out) replaced rear brakes and rotors and changed rear differential fluid. Oil change 5w 20 non synthetic oil. After all these changes I noticed a stumbling upon acceleration from stop only and was more noticible if starting from stop on a hill, with light acceleration. My first thoughts and nightmare is that something could have remained in cylinder head after plug extractions. But that's not tranny code affiliated. Other thoughts go toward something becoming broken like a wiring harness or vaccum line. The computer was disconnected and some vaccum lines moved during plug change. Maybe something to do with rear diff. But that was a simple drain wipe and fill. Could brakes be overtightened or rotors not fitted properly and burned my tranny up in less than 50miles. I never had any prior transmission problems there was a occasional clunk with a shift but that has happened since 20,000 miles.
Any thoughts or check ideas I can do on my own would be great I'm good with a wrench.

Last edited by natew380; 04-16-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Transmission went after maintenance?!