Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

transmission problem…… please HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission problem…… please HELP!!!!!!!

i have a 05 f150 5.4 4x4 screw. the issue i am having is that the tuck will not shift into out of 2nd gear. i get flashing o/d and trans fault on the dash. I've had this going on for about 5 months and sucks bc i miss driving my truck. I'm stationed overseas so it takes me ab 2 weeks to get parts and is why i haven't been able to take it to ford. this is what i have changed so far and has not fixed the problem. also cannot get any codes to read.

- tss sensor, output shaft speed sensor, trans temp sensor

- dropped the pan and changed tcc and shift solenoid (changed fluid and filter)

- dropped the whole transmission and change 2 clutch drive cylinders and clutch plate. ( the one in the rear was sheared i thought for sure that was the problem and was told it was going to be bad by a trans mech at ford). but everything back together and the problem is the same.

reverse, first and second work fine then i get the error message and will go into 3rd if i go up high rpms. was talking to a buddy of mine and he suggested it is a pressure issue and to change the torque converter and pump which is the last thing i can think of but trying to avoid dropping the tranny again. if you read this and have any suggestions, experience or advice please help…..as i mentioned before I'm stationed overseas and getting parts takes time. and i really want to get this issue solved finally. thanks
Old 09-06-2014, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is the clutch cylinder that was sheared

Quick Reply: transmission problem…… please HELP!!!!!!!