Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Traction control indicator illuminated when starting truck in the morning

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Traction control indicator illuminated when starting truck in the morning

My traction control indicator is illuminated when I start my truck in the morning. If I try to drive it the passengers side rear wheel just about locks up and skids. Possibly the drivers side as well but seems to be more on the passenger side. If I turn off traction control with the light illuminated it is fine. I can either drive it this way and after a few hundred yards the light will go off and I can turn back on the traction control. I also can turn the truck on and off a few times to get the light to go off. It only does it after sitting every night. It did it 7 days in a row and I decided to take it to the dealer. They said they can not reproduce it. I picked it up and yet again the last 3 days in a row the same thing happens. Any thoughts other than I should rightfully be pissed at the dealer?
Old 08-29-2016, 07:34 PM

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

Only thing I can think of is to take the truck to the dealer, park it overnight, then come back in the morning and start it for them so they can see the problem. Either that or just video what happens (maybe more than once) and show it to them.
The following users liked this post:
RLXXI (08-30-2016)

Quick Reply: Traction control indicator illuminated when starting truck in the morning