Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Traction Control/Hot rim

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control/Hot rim

I have a 2009 F150 XLT with 5.4 motor. It has the towing packing with built-in trailer breaks. When we bought it, it already had a leveling kit with 305/65/17. Recently, I had a flat tire and ended up replacing the two rear tires with a deeper tread than the front two (planning to replace them with the same tread in the near future). Since the day they were put on, every time I go around a turn or bend.. my traction control kicks on and starts taking over.. One time my ABS kicked on and my brake peddle took over. It scared the crap out of me. We then noticed my two front tires were wearing uneven and thought it needed an alignment, come to find out I needed two ball joins and they replaced both struts. The Traction control STILL kicks in... and my front rims are now hot. We replaced the caliper and it's still hot to touch afterwards.. Any suggestions?! We are ready to trade it in and have only had it for less than 6 months.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:39 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

If your front and rear tires are different sizes, this will cause the traction control to kick in. Or you might have bad wheel speed sensor.

Quick Reply: Traction Control/Hot rim