Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Tpms help!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms help!!!!!!!!!

So i have ordered new wheels for my truck and i also ordered new bands for my tpms sensors so that i can put the sensors in the new wheels i want to know if i should even fool with it or should i just leave out the sensors and deal with the light on the dash i would also like to know if i could disable the tpms i would love some suggestions and opinions
Old 01-25-2010, 07:48 AM
BLOWN club

It's not that hard to swap them and it does let you know when your running low on air. Just make sure you mount the sensor 6 o'clock from valve stem. I think eventually with inspection is gonna be mandatory for no lights on dash and it will have to do bulb test to confirm light is working.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

There are several States that will not passed you for TPMS light being on...there is no way to disable this light...I tried...just swap the monitors to your new wheels...its very easy.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:57 AM

Thanks guys i have a friend that is gonna let me use his lift and tire machine on fri. To do everything but theres no need to worry about a vehichle inspection in s.c. They did away with that a long time ago here
Old 01-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

i didnt swap my moniters on my 08...the light will stay on sometimes... flash sometimes... just tell everyone that light means the NOS system is ready to use when that light is lit
Old 02-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Update so i placed all the tpms sensors on the new wheels and so far so good although when i broke the tires down from the stock wheels 1 of the sensors was damaged but its still working for now but im sure i will have to replace it down the road

Quick Reply: Tpms help!!!!!!!!!