Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Too much oil?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 09:57 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Too much oil?

I just had my first oil change done. Really bad experience with this ford service department. I called 5 days ahead and made an appointment for a 7:30 am, i was there on time and ask for a multipoint inspection and got a 20 minute rush job.

It was 9:30 am, and all i was thinking was; they are almost done with all the inspections... When I saw my truck pulling into a bay and a service guy jumping out of the truck I ask: "is it ready?"... He replied, with a smile on his face: "i'm just about to start"...

2 hours wasted, and a rush job because once they found out I knew they haven't done anything to my truck in 2 hours, they rush to get me out in 20 min

The result was this:

Is that too much oil? Do i have to go back and tell them to do it again?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2016, 10:05 PM

Received 1,137 Likes on 820 Posts

I had the same problem after the dealership I purchased from added too much. What's the gauge say on the dash? Personally I'd probably leave it and just not return there.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check this right after you shut off the engine? Not wipe and recheck?

If you wiped it clean and re-checked and it's still high I would have them at least drain enough to get back to the correct level.

If it's high enough that the crankshaft is hitting it you will get aeration and foaming. Also not sure how that affects the air volume in the engine and proper savaging of vapors.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:18 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by miihere;4699209[B
[/B]]I had the same problem after the dealership I purchased from added too much. What's the gauge say on the dash? Personally I'd probably leave it and just not return there.

I guess that says it's normal

Originally Posted by brantlyj
Did you check this right after you shut off the engine? Not wipe and recheck?

If you wiped it clean and re-checked and it's still high I would have them at least drain enough to get back to the correct level.

If it's high enough that the crankshaft is hitting it you will get aeration and foaming. Also not sure how that affects the air volume in the engine and proper savaging of vapors.
No. I always do it when engine is cold preferably in the morning, wipe and recheck.

I did it again in the morning and while level still a bit high it was lower than yesterday, so i guess it should be fine...

Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Too much oil?