Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Temperature control issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Temperature control issues

I've got a 2010 FX4 that I bought in September. My AC worked fine. When the weather turned cold and I started using the heater, that seemed fine too. But I've just noticed the temp control dial isn't working. No matter where I turn the dial, including ALL the way left, I get flaming hot heat...Even when I turned the heater off, and tried turning the AC on I get hot air only.
Anybody have a clue where I should start??
Thanks.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:58 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Check the A/C heater control motor located below the air box. (passenger side floor) Should be a fuse for it. It closes the "BlenDoor" shutting off air flow over the heater core.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc D
Check the A/C heater control motor located below the air box. (passenger side floor) Should be a fuse for it. It closes the "BlenDoor" shutting off air flow over the heater core.
Thanks Marc, I'll check that out.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did this solve your issue? My 2010 XTR Crew Cab just began doing this today. It was cool this morning so I put the heater on for my short drive to work. At lunch - 4 hours later - it was warmer out and I was hot from working so I put the AC on. It continued to blow HOT. I tried just the vent with no AC and that too was hot. The dial was all the way cold and still no change. I checked the fuse at #15 for climate control and that seemed fine.

Quick Reply: Temperature control issues